XO

When Edwin woke up he was on the living room couch. The morning sun hurt his eyes and triggered a massive headache. He was so hungover. His memory of the night was distant, he didn't remember coming home, but he knew what he had done. Brandon stumbled out of his room, a girl trailing behind him. She was wearing his t-shirt and nothing else.
"Mornin' Ed." Brandon mumbled, rubbing his eyes. The unknown girl made her way to the kitchen.
"Busy night I see." Edwin replied, nodding his head toward the girl now sitting at their kitchen counter.
"She's actually really cool. Her name is Jess. I think I might ask her out on a real date or whatever." Brandon couldn't stop staring at Jess.
"Wouldn't that be a nice change?" Edwin joked with him. Brandon didn't keep a lot of these girls around.
"Haha, yeah. What about you?" He was now sitting next to Edwin on the couch.
"What about me?"
"Did you meet anyone? I didn't see you much, then I left early."
"Oh. No, I didn't. I had a lot of fun though." Edwin lied once again.
"Oh, alright. Ah, I shouldn't keep her waiting. By the way, you kind of look like shit. Take some Advil or something." Brandon got up and moved to the kitchen.

  Edwin sat up to get some medicine. When he checked his phone he saw a text notification.
Theo
Crazy night! By the way... you're a good kisser.
Just like that, the whole night came back to him. He had kissed a boy! A lot more than kissing too. Edwin's heart starting beating rapidly. He started looking around to see if anyone was behind him and then he replied,
Hey Theo. You're a good kisser too. But... I have to tell you something.
The waiting period between texts always made Edwin anxious, especially now. To take up the time, he got up and took some Advil. He made sure he didn't leave his phone unattended. If he wasn't living in constant fear of being outed before, he certainly was now. Then,
Anything baby.
Edwin began typing,
I had so much fun with you. I really like you too. But, I can't hang out with you right now. I haven't come out yet. And I'm sorta in a famous boyband?! If you could, I'm asking you please don't tell anyone about last night. Or about me liking guys for that matter. I'm so sorry Theo.
It's okay Edwin. I know how hard it is to come out. I hope everything goes well for you. You're an amazing guy. Remember that. When you do come out, if you still remember me...give me a text. xo
Edwin's heart shattered. All he wanted to do was kiss him again. He wanted to be out and happy. It just wasn't as easy as it seemed.
I will. Thank you for understanding.

  He turned off his phone and collapsed back onto the couch. Soon after, Nick walked in and sat next to him.
"How are you feeling Ed? You were so drunk last night!" He said putting his arm around Edwin's shoulder.
"My head hurts. I feel terrible. I had fun though."
"Seems like it. I saw you made some new friends."
"Who did you see?"
"When I found you, you were saying bye to a really tall guy. He looked like he just woke up. Why?" Thank god, he had only seen Doug. He didn't remember this far into the night.
"No reason, just wondering." All Edwin ever seemed to do was lie these days. He hated it. At the same time, he hated the idea of coming out more. Edwin tried to change the subject.
"Did you see the girl in our kitchen?"
"Yup. What did he say about this one?" Nick and Edwin always made jokes about Brandon's "lucky lady of the night"
"Her name is Jess. He said he wants to take her out on a real date. Side note, I don't think she's wearing any underwear." Edwin laughed.
"Niiiice. Can't wait to see how long this one lasts." They we're both laughing now. Nick just made Edwin feel so comfortable.