Love Wins

All of the boys piled into one uber. The ride was mostly silent. Nick kept a hand on Edwin's thigh, trying to calm him down as he fidgeted.
"This is your destination." The driver said pointing to the big building.
"You ready for this?" Brandon put his hand on Edwin's shoulder.
"I have to be ready." Edwin nervously laughed.

They walked up to the front desk together and Austin asked,
"Is Simon here today?"
"Actually, he just got here!" The lady at the front desk buzzed her phone and called in, "Simon, PrettyMuch are here to see you."
"Alright. Send them in." Edwin gulped. He didn't wake up this morning thinking all of this would be going on today, but that's how life works.

Zion walked into Simon's office first, the rest trailing behind him.
"Sit down, boys." He invited them all to sit across from him. "So, what did you need to tell me about." They all shifted uncomfortably, looking to Edwin. He looked back at Nick and shook his head with fear in his eyes.
"Go on Eddie, you can do it." he whispered.
"See...The thing is, Simon." Edwin cleared his throat. The room was silent. "I'm...bisexual." He looked up to see no change in Simon's expression. Then, he let out a laugh.
"That's not the first time I've heard that one. What do you want me to do with that information." Edwin kept looking to his other band mates who didn't seem to know what to say.
"If I want to date a guy, I'd like to know I have that option. I would like to be able to publicly date men."
"I don't think you understand. You're part of a boyband. Thousands of girls want you, and that's what we want. Girls won't be drawn to you if you're dating a man. It just doesn't work."
"I don't think you understand. Our fans aren't in this for our looks and wanting to be with us. I'm sure what's most important to them is our happiness." Edwin raised his voice, but it became shaky with anxiety.
"Let's not worry about this right now, it's not like you have a boyfriend anyways. Maybe this is just a phase and you'll get over it." As Simon was about to send them away Zion butted in,
"He does have a boyfriend. They've been dating for a while. If you don't let them date he's going to break up with Edwin. If that happens because of you, then I don't want to be under this label. We'll quit." he looked to the others for support.
"Exactly. Facts. Agreed." They all started saying.
"Whatever. Fine. I never approve of stuff like this, but we simply can't lose such a popular artist from our label. With such a widespread, diverse, fan base, I'm sure you guys will hold up fine. I hope you prove to me love wins." Simon huffed.

They did it. They won. Edwin was free.