Home For Christmas

"Edwin! Edwin! Wake up! It's time to open presents!!" His two brothers shook him awake. He looked over to see Theo starting to wake up as well. The past few days with his family had been really nice. His parents openly admitted to having suspicions and thoughts about Edwin not being one hundred percent straight and we're glad he's finally ready to be open about it. Theo clicked super fast with the family. His sister especially had gotten close with Theo and nothing was awkward. Edwin knew Theo was a keeper for sure.

  The pair followed the rest of the family down to the living room. Piles of neatly wrapped gifts formed around the gorgeous tree. The younger siblings ran to tear open their packages first. Edwin, feeling like a little kid all over again, eagerly picked up a large box with his name on it. "To: Edwin From: Mama y Papa" it read. When he unveiled the paper he looked in shock at his gift.
"A keyboard?!" he exclaimed looking up at his parents.
"You always used to want one when you were younger. Do you like it?" His mom was doing the signature proud mom on Christmas morning face.
"Definitely! Wow! Gracias mama!" He scooted over to embrace her.
"Hey what about me!" his dad said.
"Thank you dad!" he gave his dad a hug as well. Then his mom took a picture of him holding the keyboard.

  When all of the kids were done with their gifts Edwin gave Theo his. He had gotten him a hand crafted baby blue ukulele. He insisted on teaching him how to play. Theo handed Edwin one more present.
"I hope you like it." Theo blushed. Edwin lifted a small box from the bag and opened it up. Inside was an expensive looking necklace with a key on the end.
"I've been wearing this lock necklace," Theo pulled the necklace out from under his shirt so it was more presented, "for like...I don't even know...maybe three years? Anyways, when I got it I was in a really bad spot. I kept myself really hidden away and I stopped going out and having relationships. To get to the point, I told myself if I ever found someone who was able to break down those walls and open my heart, they would get the key. When I said that I never thought I'd find someone like you. This is all so stupid and cheesy, but you literally have the key to me. You've changed me for the better and I love you so much." Theo wiped away small tears forming in his eyes.
"I don't even know what to say. This is so special. I'm glad I'm able to do all those things for you. I want you to know the feeling goes both ways. I was so closed off before I met you, but now I'm happier than ever." Now Theo was full on crying. "Come here baby." Edwin motioned him over and warmly hugged him.
"Let me put it on you." Theo said taking the necklace and delicately putting it on Edwin's neck.
"Perfect." They smiled at each other before kissing romantically.

Text from the PrettyMuch groupchat
Nick: Merry Christmas guys! Hope everyone's having a good one!
Brandon: same! i miss you guys back home. hope everything went over well with theo and your family!
Edwin: Everything is great! Merry Christmas! We'll be home soon. Love you guys.