Someday, But Not Today

As soon as Edwin locked the bathroom door he fell to the floor. His vision faded to black as he sat against the bathtub. Moments later, he started to regain his hearing and vision as he woke up. Somebody was knocking on the door, hard.
"ED? ED? ARE YOU OKAY? PLEASE ANSWER?" It was Nick. He cried out in despair, desperately hoping for a reply from his friend. Edwin didn't answer. He didn't want to see anyone. He just needed to be alone.
"See! Look what you did to him! I already told you that you can't talk to him like that!" Nick barked, but it wasn't at Edwin.
"It's not my fault he's such a baby Nick! Stop protecting him. He'll get over it faster if you stop treating him like this." He could hear that this was Zion's voice. It was distant, he knew only Nick was at his door. Edwin was so hurt by Zion's words that he started crying. Tears streamed down his face. His breathing was inconsistent and painful. He didn't know how to stop or where to turn.
"I can't believe you would say that about your own friend Zion. He's not even answering me! What if he passed out? What if he's hurting himself? You don't know what he's going through." Nick continued to defend him.
"Do you?" Zion snapped.
"Well...no. But it doesn't matter! I can tell he's upset and since I'm his friend it's my job to help him feel better."
"Whatever. I need to get out of here. I guess I'll see you later." Edwin had his ear pressed up against the door. He could hear Zion's footsteps traveling farther and farther away. Then, gone.

"Edwin? Are you awake? If you don't reply I'm going to call 911." Nick spoke more calmly now. He still seemed nervous though. Edwin didn't want Nick to call 911. He had no other choice but to open the door.
"I'm sorry." Edwin sniffled, attempting to look Nick in the eyes.
"Sorry for what? I'm glad you're okay! You weren't doing anything to harm yourself were you?" Nick wrapped Edwin in a tight hug.
"No."
"Will you please tell me what's going on? I know something's wrong."
"I just...I can't tell you."
"You can trust me. I promise."
"I know. I do trust you. I just can't tell you. I will one day. Just...that day isn't today." Edwin stuttered. Nick looked at him, puzzled.
"That's alright. Hopefully Zion will stop being such an asshole to you. I don't know what his problem is." Nick was still mad. Edwin didn't reply, he was almost too scared to say anything bad about Zion.