six - Taste Of Pain

I’m not sure how long it had been since they stole me, but I was more than ready to leave. They had left and come back countless times. Each time they asked to see my wings and each time I refused.

They continued to cut my skin and hit me. They even went to the lengths to rip my dress to shreds leaving me completely exposed. I was lucky they didn’t have any sexual intentions yet. All they were concerned with was my wings and I couldn’t grasp why.

I shuddered at the thought of them pulling my wings out and keeping them as a trophy.

They also used a dagger made with Rhodium medal to keep my wounds open. Rhodium was like what humans thought silver was to werewolves. It weakens angels tremendously and prevented our body from healing properly.

The amount of slashing they’ve done to my skin was really taking a toll on me. My glowing blood was all over the floor. There was even tracks from Balban and Abaddon walking through the small puddles.

I could feel my blood still oozing out of my back, I knew even if they hadn’t used a special knife, those cuts would take the longest to heal. The skin between a angels wings was the most sensitive area on their entire body and took longer to heal.

Since Balban and Abaddon last left I had managed to get the dreaded fabric out of my mouth and I could breathe normally, which was a god sent. Although it hurt to breathe I was glad I was still doing so.

I jumped when the cage door slammed open and in walked Balban and Abaddon. Their grins continued to spread across their faces. It was like the sight of me being battered was pure joy to them; probably truly was.

“You know, I’ve never ssseen a girl angel before. I’ve ssseen girl demonsss, and well that’sss becaussse they once were little humansss who turned, but never a female angel. How about you Abaddon?”

“No, I can’t sssay I have. No ancient tessst hasss revealed any female angel in hissstory.”

“You hear that angel,” Balban bent down and whispered into my ear. “No recordsss of a female angel, the abnormal blood, the incredible healing, you mussst be sssomething ssspecial to the man upssstairsss huh?”

I squeezed my eyes shut as he mentioned my father. He had no right to speak of him, no right at all. He was not one of righteousness. He was the wickedness an evildoer and Father shall strike him down and Abaddon. Those who stray from the way of light shall perish by the Lords' hand.

“Now, to only confirm my sssussspisssionsss, let’sss sssee thossse wingsss.”

I kept my head down and didn’t mutter a word. They didn’t deserve the divinity in my voice, they didn’t deserve to see my wings, they didn't deserve to live.

Truth be told I had never seen my own wings either. I had never really had a reason to open them. I couldn’t fly anywhere, so there was never a reason to.

The chains got tighter as I didn’t answer and it was becoming uncomfortable. My hands were starting to lose even more color. I was starting to lose circulation to them, that wasn’t good.

“That wasssn’t the anssswer we wanted,” Abaddon hissed bending down in front of me.

“If you won’t willingly ssspring them out, then I guesss we will have to cut them out,” Balban hummed as he started to push the dagger into the flesh of my back.

It was impossible to cut out the wings of an angel. His tactic was to hit the nerve in my back that would automatically make my wings release. The nerve was very sensitive, an angel couldn’t control their wings from coming out if it was nicked or cut.

I crunched forward making it harder for him to cut into my back, which only resulted in the chains disappearing and Abaddon holding me straight up himself.

The pain hadn’t started to appear until he started digging deeper into my skin. Hot tears started to slide from my eyes and I bit my lip so hard I could taste my blood in my mouth.

Slash, after, slash. It was becoming so painful I was getting woozy.

I screamed out so loud when he stuck the knife deep into the base of my neck and drug it down the center of my back. I released my wings and shielded my naked hurting body from them.

As I hit the floor, wings stretched around me, scream leaving my lips, a loud clap of thunder sounded and the cage swung back and forth. An explosion of hope burst in my chest at the thought of my father coming to save me.

“What is the meaning of this Balban and Abaddon,” a deep rich voice commanded.

I shivered involuntarily at the sound of the deep voice. He wasn’t my father.

I was getting closer to passing out and missed what Balban and Abaddon said. My heart leaped slightly as arms slipped beneath me and picked me up. I would have blushed and hidden my nakedness from a random man, but I was on the verge of death and my indecency wasn’t my top concern at the moment.

I briefly opened my eyes to get a look at my savior and I froze. Every coherent thought I had was completely obliterated. My heart felt like it had stopped completely and I’m sure I stopped breathing.

There he was, the man who captured my mind. His deep emerald eye stared back at me. There was the man I had so many questions about but no answers; the serpent that had swayed Eve and gave humans knowledge of good and evil.