seven - Welcome To Hell

I had passed out shortly after and my mind had filled with complete darkness and silence. Although I knew somewhere deep in the crooks of my mind I was thinking about him, I just knew.

When I had woken up I was engulfed in dark silk blankets and lavish throw pillows. The entire room was cast with a dark shadow and nothing seemed to have color, but it didn’t smother my light. I was glad to see I wore a robe, although it wasn’t the usual white I had come to wear, but happy nonetheless.

I was in awe when I looked to the floor and it seemed to be glass. Below was a field of working souls. They were carrying rocks from a shaft to a trolly. My awe was starting to be replaced with heartache and disgust when I noticed how ill the people seemed, and a nasty creature was whipping them, willing them to work harder and faster.

I jumped back onto the bed once I realized they could potentially see me and look up my robe.

“Haha. They can’t see up the robe, Little Angel.”

My cheeks rushed red with embarrassment as a dark silhouette emerged from the corner.  

It was almost ironic that I was at a loss of words around this man. I had so many questions, but somehow I had to admit, I was frightened by his dark mystique. He rendured me speechless.

I will admit the vision I had witnessed gave him no justice. He was so beautiful it hurt to look at him. His hair was so tousled and his curls stuck up in every direction. His eyes were such an intense green, his lips were so red and plump. I quit my ogling as the corner of his mouth curved up slightly.

I shifted under his hard gaze and light lips as he refused to speak a word. Why was I backing out of the opportunity to get answers? Straighten up Vanna and get the answers you deserve.

“What’s your name?” My voice was so quiet I thought for a second he didn’t hear me.

“My name?” I nodded in return. “I find it ironic you don’t know who I am,” he chuckled lightly.

“I know who you are. You are the serpent who beguiled Eve.”

His hand rubbed the tip of his chin as if he was deep in thought. I held frozen as he walked over to me and extended his arm towards my robe.

I released the breath I was holding when he flicked the robe away from my collarbone to examine my rose-shaped birthmark. Underneath was the word Deus.

“It seems you are very important if you have God's name on you. I’ve been around for quite some time and never have I seen a female angel.”

“Well, that would be because I am the only female angel. I am God's daughter, that would be why his name is upon me. Now your name please.”

He nodded his head still in deep thought.

“Does anyone know of your existence?”

It was starting to greatly annoy me that he was avoiding my question, but to appease him, I shook my head.

“Very well,” he nodded turning away to head out the door.

“Wait, what’s your name,” I yelled after him.

“My name is none of your concern, Little Angel,” he said slamming the door in my face.  

“What an imbecile,” I whispered to myself as I pulled the door open and rushed after him. I was determined to get at least some answers.

“Excuse me, mister! I think I deserve to know who my savior is!”

“Little Angel, I am hardly a savior. You can actually consider yourself damned now.”

“Why should I consider that?”

This man was making no sense, and from the looks of it, he wasn’t going to stop and spell it out slowly for me. He wasn’t going to slow his walking either. One stride from his long legs equaled three of my shorter ones. Then again this man was probably 6’4, and compared to my 5’7 frame he was a lion and I was a mouse.

“Do you not know where you are, Little Angel?”

“You tend to not have much knowledge of the outside world when you’ve been hidden from existence all your life.”

I was shocked by my responses. Never had I ever made remarks like the ones I have been making. Was this man to blame? Was it because I was no longer surrounded by light and goodness? So many questions, but still no answers.

“I see.”

“I would greatly appreciate if you could just answer my questions up front with no games.”

A deep chuckle left his throat and his lips curved into a smile. I shivered when a pointed canine gleamed in the light at me. Who was this man?

I stopped straight in my tracks when another thought popped into my small yet vast mind.

Not once had I thought about getting home. How was I going to get back to Heaven if I hadn’t a clue as to where I was? Father should have located me by now.

I had been so consumed with getting answers about this man who had ruled my mind the past weeks.

“How am I going to get home,” I called from my resting spot in the middle of the hall.

He shrugged his shoulders as he kept walking further away from me, further from my questions.

Was I going to be stuck here for all eternity? It hadn’t been so bad yet, although this place did make me look over my shoulder twice.

I was pulled from my inner thoughts as my charming yet cantankerous man’s voice bounced off the hallway walls.

“Oh, and Little Angel, welcome to Hell.”