nineteen - Bound By Golden Ropes

When I came to, my head was pounding with immense pain. I couldn't tell what the pain was from. Was it from, Micheal's powers forcing my mind to submit to him? Was it because I had been in Hell so long and now I was back in heaven? Was it because I had created a bond with Lucifer and this was the feeling I would receive for being away from him?

There were so many things it could be, but I hadn't a clue as to which one it was. For all I knew it could have been all of them acting together.

When I finally opened my eyes I was greeted by the familiar wall of books and pure white walls. I was back in the room I wanted to escape from.

I quickly jumped from the sofa as my eyes landed on my father laying on the ground next to the grand piano motionless. A grunt left my lips as I was pulled back to the sofa. I looked to my wrist that was bound by a golden rope which strung up to the ceiling.

I looked back at my father. The longer I looked I began to notice the pool of iridescent blue liquid. Oh, this wasn't good.

"Father! You have to get up father!" I couldn't help the tears that started to fall from my eyes.

My father couldn't die, he was the almighty Lord. He was God. He was everyones savior.

"Father," I whaled out.

A surge of happiness washed through me as I saw him slightly move.

"Vanna." My name left his lips in a soft whisper.

"Father, what happened to you? What did Michael do to you," I demanded still trying to get the rope from my wrists. I began to relax more as Father managed to sit up against the piano leg. His face was so tired and worn, and some pain was evident.

A small smile formed on Fathers lips as he looked at me. "I see you've been hanging around a certain devil."

I couldn't contain the laugh that bubbled in my chest. He had a way of adding humor into a tight space.

"You could say that." I blushed, causing my cheeks to beat red. The room filled with silence as we watched each other. We both had questions brewing, but neither one of us wanted to ask them; we feared the answers.

Breaking my fear I asked, "What happened to me Father? What is happening to Lucifer and Me? What are we meant to be?"

I waited as he sighed with pain. "I created you to complete Lucifer. I knew Lucifer would fall. I needed someone to run hell, and who better than my most praised angel."

"If you knew he was going to fall why did you keep me hidden?" The things he was saying wasn't making any sense.

"I kept you hidden because when he fell he was so dark inside and I wasn't sure about my choice anymore. I didn't want to lose you to the darkness too Vanna. I had created you to help combine the harmonies. You will help combine the light and dark. Don't let Micheal tell you that you were created for another angel, you were created for Lucifer. The two of you only have a deep light that only you two could handle."

I couldn't help the warm yet sad feelings that washed around in my chest. I had this overwhelming happiness because Lucifer and I were meant for each other, but there was this overwhelming sadness at the thought of where Lucifer was now. Was he coming to find me? Did he think I just left because I didn't want to stay there? I didn't want him to think that, not at all.

I think I was falling in love. Was it okay to say the so early in our relationship?

Both Father and I jumped when the door slammed open.

"Finally, the Lord has awaken," Micheal said beaming with a smile.

I really wanted to smack that smile off his face.

"I am going to a have a lot of fun with this," he continued as he walked behind the chair I was sitting in.

"Why are you doing this Micheal," Father asked quietly.

"That's a very good question. You see, word had traveled that there was this beautiful, captivating Angel. She was Beauty and Light. I heard she was created for Gods most prized Angel. Of course, I assumed it was me. I have done everything you asked and stood by your side. Once I figured out she, was in fact, created for Lucifer I was furious. I had come second to him every single time. I'm still second even after he fell, and I decided I'm tired of being second. Why be second best when you can be the best. That is what I am doing dear Lord."

There was so much malice in his voice. This Archangel held a lot of hate and anger inside, and it was corrupting him.

I jumped once again when his firm dry hand squeezed my arms rather tightly. Slowly his hands only tightened more to the point I would have slight bruises, not for long, but bruises nonetheless.

"I shall avenge myself by taking everything from Lucifer, everything that he loves. Just like he did from me."

I held still as a very detailed and sharp looking knife entered the edge of my vision. It was baffling me that an Angel, pure full of light, could turn so evil.

I was jolted from my inner thoughts as the knife stuck into my skin. I bit my lip down as the stinging feeling didn't subside. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to endure this type of pain ever again but looks like I was most certainly wrong.

It was bearable as he made small lines across my back and down my arms. It healed almost instantly. However, that changed when a scream became stuck in my throat when he jabbed the knife between my shoulder blades.

"Well, what is this little mark," Micheals' voice drifted around into my ears.

My scream made it past my lips as his knife barely touched the skin in the crook of my neck. My free hand flew to cover the very sensitive spot. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I looked at Micheal.

"You have no light anymore Micheal. You have no right to touch the mark of love between two angels," Father said forcibly.

"Mark of Love, huh? Looks like this little angel isn't so innocent now." He pressed the knife tip to the sensitive area again and another scream ripped through my throat.

My eyes were blurred with tears, but I still noticed the room get noticeably darker.

"Oh looks like we have some company at the gates. I shall continue this later." With that Micheal left my father and me in pain.