twentyfive - The Ever After

It's been five years, two months, six days, 1 hour, and 45 minutes since Lucifer and I had begun the combining of the harmonies; bringing together the light and dark. It's been nine months, three days, four hours, and twelve minutes since we had finished combining the harmonies.

As a result, six months ago I found out I was carrying the the prince of hell. I was quite shocked when I found out I was pregnant. I was even more shocked when two months into my pregnancy Lucifer could just touch my protruding belly and figure out what the gender was, what he knew what the baby liked and didn't like, and what he was thinking.

Our pregnancy was going smooth until five months ago. There was an echo of thoughts that I couldn't figure out where they were from. It was clear Lucifer couldn't hear them.

When I mentioned it to Lucifer he had mentioned feeling a slight power shift in our child. Instantly he took me to get checked out. From there we discovered we were in fact, having twins. Two boys.

I'm not gonna lie, at first, I was quite jealous of Lucifer's connection with our child. This is until I learned I could listen to his thoughts as well, but I also had a special connection with our other baby, baby B, that Lucifer had no access to.

Not even twentyfour hours ago, Miles Carter; Baby A was born. Two minutes after, Jayden Xavier; Baby B was born.

They were so beautiful. Miles had chestnut locks with blue eyes and fair skin. He was cheerful and always laughing. Jayden, on the other hand, was what humans would categorize as different. He had dark black hair with a blond spot above his left ear. His eyes were ivy green with flecks of gold. It was like his eyes were electrified. His skin was more tanned like mine but very warm like his fathers. Jayden was going to grow to become something unpredictable, I could already tell.

About seven hours ago I figured out that Jayden is deaf and mute. But, he is able to hear my thoughts and hear my projected voice in his mind, and he's able to project his voice into my mind.

I was very shocked at how much intellect that he has already. I had never read anything about babies or newborns, but I assumed they would have to learn things over time. It was neat listening to all the things Jayden knew.

I can tell it bugs Lucifer not being able to connect with Jayden, but I always fill him in on the things he likes and enjoys.

Ten Years Later

"Jayden why don't you go play with your brother?" It was almost impossible to get them to bond.

"I'm good mother, I'd rather sit here with you and draw."

He was basically attached to my hip. He could be reading, drawing, doing anything, but no matter what he was by my side.

"Little Angel, can I have a private word with you," Lucifer spoke quietly in my ear.

I nodded standing from the bench Jayden and I had occupied. "I'll be back Jayden, Your father needs to talk to me privately." I waited for him to nodded his head in understanding before I walked away.

"What is it Lucifer?"

"As you know they will be turning ten tomorrow, which marks who will be taking rule if I decide to step down. Looking into documents, it clearly states that the firstborn, which would be Miles, would be the rightful heir to the throne. However, I know you are the only one who can communicate with Jayden, but I can feel a greater power source from him. He's different than Miles."

"I do agree with you on the power fluctuation. Jayden is different and I feel like perhaps he would be the right choice for the position, however, I think we should allow Miles the chance to try. I love them both dearly, but I think we need to really think what's best for Hell and Heaven, so we could have them go through a sort of test, or trial run. Then we would have the demons input. Obviously, I would have to help Jayden with communicating, or figure out how we can solve that problem."

He nodded his head while rubbing his chin in deep thought.

Tomorrow would mark a whole new era something Hell and Heaven have never gone through. We have marked the history books and this could turn to something great or something filled with complete disaster.

To be continued...