twenty - Sadistic Humor

Lucifer's POV

Words couldn't describe how upset I was when I saw Vanna had left. Before I could let the feeling set a distantly familiar scent hit my nose.

I was usually one to know who was where just by their sent, but this was different. This wasn't a demon; too pure but still not completely clean. The scent tingled in the back of my mind with familiarity.

It took me an hour of pacing my room; Michael. His scent had always held that hint of evil. Michael had always held a certain jealousy towards me. Before I had fallen, and when I was young and what first created we had done so much together. When I started to follow Gods hand more seriously he fell behind me and started to live in my shadow; something I didn't want to happen. I wanted him to be by my side not behind me.

He had done so many things to jeopardize my character, but I had done that for him when I fell. He had constantly tried to take my glory but, this time he took the wrong thing. I was going to put him to his end.

He had taken what wasn't supposed to be taken.

As I stepped through the portal to Heaven a scream echoed through the clouds. Only seconds after the mark identical to the one I had left on Vanna's neck burned and pain filled me, but it wasn't my pain; it was Vanna's.

Overwhelming anger flooded my veins and my fists clenched at my sides. No one other than myself was to touch that very mark.

I felt the poke again and a inhumane growl left my lips and dark clouds filled the sky. I only stopped once the gates appeared and stood guard against me.

"It's so nice of you to visit, brother," Micheal smiled appearing on the other side of the gate.

"You're walking on thin glass, Micheal." My words boomed across Heaven and I was so close to snapping. I needed Vanna, I needed to see her, to know she was safe. The only place I knew she was truly safe was by my side.

"You don't deserve her you know that. If anyone of us deserves her it's me, Lucifer. I had followed God's hand and did as he asked. When you fell I was there to pick up all the broken pieces. I was there not you, and somehow you still got the glory." I stood untamed by Michaels' raising voice.

"Michael I can't change the choices God has made, he made them for a reason, and he doesn't fail. Everything he does has a purpose, both of us know that."

"Yes, I see that. Which is why I've deemed to destroy her. I will stop at nothing to destroy you as you did to me, Lucifer."

I could feel rage bubbling in my veins as he taunted me. He was getting under my skin, and I knew he wanted to prvoke me to do something I would regret, but I could assure he would be making the first move.

"Oh Lucifer, you haven't changed a bit. Hot headed and temperamental. I can see it all swirling in your eyes. Which I must have to say are getting quite blue. It's to bad really. It looks as if she's doing you some good."

I watched as he backed away from the gate and smile coldly. "We shall continue this conversation Lucifer. I have duties to attend to."

"MICHEAL!"