eight - Riddles And Poetic Words

I wasn’t for sure how long I had been in Hell. I hadn’t seen my emerald eyed man again since he welcomed me.

When I went to go back to the room I had awoken in, the door wasn’t there. I had resorted to walking the halls, and after a while, it increasingly got colder.

After walking around seeing my breath for a while, I pulled out my wings and wrapped them around myself. It was getting easier to unfurl my wings. They were so beautiful. They were a very unique ombre that started with pure white at the roots steming from my shoulder blades then to gold in the middle portion and finally to black at the tips.

The extreme cold wasn’t the only thing I found odd about Hell. The ceiling looked as if there were souls stuck up there, calling to be released. I also hadn’t run into another being either.

Every now and then I would jump at the sound of a scream in the distance. I was greatly vexed when I couldn’t help that hurting soul. I was the angel of love, and I couldn’t help not being able to love and comfort someone in pain.

All of this made me wonder what Hell really was.

I felt like I was walking in circles, for all I knew I really was. Perhaps all this wasn’t real, and I would wake up in Heaven.

This all was just a bad dream.

I moved my hand to pinch my arm hard. I looked around to see any change, but no avail. I was still in the cold endless hall way, and my arm had a red splotch that now hurt.

My heart picked up its pace and my entire body stood on end when I heard a soft voice echoing around the hall. It was feminine, but there was no person to go with the voice as I looked around.

As I turned to look the way I had walked from, a grey murky mist caught my attention. It was moving towards me at a fast pace, and all I did was stand there in fear, maybe even shock.

I sucked a breathe in as it passed through my body as if waking me from my daze.

I whipped around and in front of me was a silhouette of a woman. Her hair was matted and her eyes were empty, only holding blackness.

“Be alert and of sober mind. The devil prowls around like a roaring lion with a deep desire- looking for someone to devour, you. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Let thy divine light shine and brighten what once was, but thee shall not let what is light be touched by dark light.”

Her voice was a soft whisper carried by the wind, and her words were like the secret answer to all my questions, but I couldn’t come to comprehend the form the answer had come to me in.

Another sharp breath drew into my lungs as she crashed into me. The entire hall filled with my heavenly light and I was uncertain how to draw it back into myself. It was like she had released my light to brighten what was dark.

In the midst of my light, I could see yet another silhouette, but this wasn’t a floating figure. No, this was an actual person.

As my light dimmed finally, I wasn’t in the black robe anymore. I was in a silk white gown and my hair had it’s natural curls again. I was also happy to feel a shield of warmth around my tanned skin again.

It was like my light had regenerated. I couldn’t deny I was getting scared my light was going to go out.

I crossed my arms behind my back and smiled brightly as someone cleared their throat.

“Yes?” My smile brightened once green eyes filled my vision.

Ah, it was my sweet savior. I was starting to wonder if I would ever see him again.

“You were causing quite the disturbance, Little Angel,” he said seriously, and clasping his hands behind his back too.

“I am truly sorry. I was greeted by someone, they restored my light. Now that I think of it,” I paused smiling more. “Perhaps you could help me with my little riddle.”

“If it’ll let me get on my way, go ahead,” he nodded not moving an inch closer to me.

I had no intention of moving either. I wasn’t going to let this man intimidate me.

“Who is the Devil,” I asked studying his sharp face.

“Why do you want to know?” His green eyes twinkled with recognition of the name. Good, that means he knew who it was and I was going to get the answer.

“Because this woman a few minutes ago whispered to me, ‘Be alert and of sober mind. The devil prowls around like a roaring lion with a deep desire- looking for someone to devour, you. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Let thy divine light shine and brighten what once was, but thee shall not let what is light be touched by dark light.’ What do you think it means?”

“Mm. Those are some poetic words.”

“You’re not helping very well,” I chuckled.

“Yes, I know who the Devil is. However, I don’t understand why said Devil would be looking for you specifically.”

“Are you sure? How close are you to this Devil?” I wasn’t one to doubt, but I couldn’t quite trust someone I had just met and hadn’t been very helpful before.

“Oh, yes. The Devil and I are closer than you know,” he said with a humorous glint in his eyes.

I sensed a double meaning in his words, but I wasn’t going to dwell on it. I had to figure out my riddle before anything. If my life was in danger I was going to figure out how to protect it.

VannaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara