thirteen part two - Green Turned Blue And Hazel Turned Gold

"What do you feel towards me Lucifer?"

I needed to know if I could trust him. All these strange emotions may be the outcome of me giving part of my heart to him before, but I wasn't about to throw my entire heart into the fire if I didn't know for sure it would grow stronger from it.

I shifted in his lap as I waited for his everlasting answer.

He smiled brightly at my question, making all his pearly white teeth gleamed at me. "Oh, Little Angel. I'm not one hundred percent sure what I feel for you, but I know it's somewhere close to love. I have no doubt in my mind that it could someday turn to love though."

I nodded taking in each word he spoke. Somewhere close to love.

"Do I dare ask what you feel towards me," he chuckled.

I understood his hesitancy with that question. Not more than two days ago I was hitting him yelling that I hated him. I would be hesitant too if I was in his position.

"You give me this warm heavy feeling in my chest and it makes me smile, but sometimes you provoke this fire in my chest that crawls up my neck and rests in my cheeks. Since the moment I saw you in the back of a book I was reading I felt a connection to you and it only made me wonder about you, and I still do."

"It sounds like you're on the line, Little Angel."

I nodded looking up at him, "So does this mean you'll answer my questions now?"

"I would love too, but you have to understand there might be some I can't answer, Love."

I nodded with understanding. I pondered all the questions floating around in my endless mind.

"When Abaddon and Balban kidnapped me they kept me from making any noise because they didn't want the boss; assuming you, to hear. Why was that?"

"Well, as the ruler of Hell I know every person in this place. I could tell you who someone was just by hearing their scream or voice. So, I naturally know where everyone is because everyone makes noise."

"How come you did find me sooner if you knew where both demons where," I asked cutting him off.

"Angel," he warned. I clamped my lips shut and motioned for him to proceed.

"All my demons know this, so that would be why they said that. As for why I didn't find them sooner, they are in charge of torturing those who committed deadly sin number one; Lust. You were in the seventh sector of Hell, and it wasn't abnormal that they were there. Although, I would have been there sooner if I could have heard what they were saying. I'm assuming they masked their words."

"I guess it makes sense. You didn't actually know I was in Hell until I screamed. Next question, why do your eyes change colors?"

"Tell me what colors they change to," he demanded softly.

Could someone demand something softly? Could someone demand something and not make the other person squirm with contravene? Apparently, this man could because I didn't have the feeling to disobey him wash over me. But, perhaps that was because there was the warm feeling in the pit of my heart.

"Most of the time they are green, but then sometimes they get a little blue around the edges. They've even turned completely blue once or twice. Then there was the time they turned a little red. They were completely black once. Oh, and they were a little gold one. What do they mean," I asked looking at his now blue-green eyes?

"Well before I fell, when I was an angel, they were the purest blue since I was the morning star. Then once I fell they turned the color of poisoned light; green. So for as long as I can remember they've been green," he sighed. "But when they're green and blue I suppose that means my light is coming back."

I smiled at the thought of restoring an angel's former light. His eyes were increasingly blue these days. I suppose I was the one to blame for that.

"Red typically is because I'm angry or upset. Black is when I'm furious and my demon side comes out. When were my eyes gold," he asked with a slight smirk.

"That night you barged into the room very upset. They had a little gold in them. Why, what does it mean," I questioned no very curious.

"Well, gold; I find this very ironic because Little Angel your eyes are almost completely gold other than the blue around your iris, gold is the color of lust. The deadliest sin is shown in your eyes little one," he said leaning closer to me.

"That can't be right, I am lusting not right now. I don't lust, I'm an angel," I insisted.

I didn't lust anything, didn't I?

"We could see what you lust after, only if you're okay with me seeing, of course," Lucifer shrugged.

"No, we can do it. What do we do, where do we go," I asked standing from his lap.

"Come on," he said getting up too.

I followed him out of the bathroom into the main bedroom. I ran into his back when he stopped abruptly.

"Sit," he said pulling and flipping around the chair to his desk.

I did as I was instructed.

"Alright, Little Angel. What we will see could be something that has happened before that you lust after again, or it could be future instances, but they are what you desire to happen. If it's future instances do understand the actions you take now can affect that outcome, so it could potentially never happen. Do you understand," he asked with his hands on either armrest.

I nodded my head. He was so close if I leaned you a little forward our noses would be touching.

"Alright, you are going to sit back and I will cover your eyes with my hands. You are going to see nothing but darkness, and it may hurt if you don't willingly give up what you lust to me. If you don't it will feel like I'm pulling the light from your mind, so just go willingly and there will be no problem. Also, don't be alarmed if you pass out after we are done. This really drains the mind, so you subconsciously force yourself to rest afterward."

"Okay," I said nodding as I sat up straight preparing myself.

His warm hand covered my eyes. It was dark, but not the type of dark because his hand was covering my eyes. No, it was that empty darkness. I could feel dark tentacles searching my mind pulling at different thoughts and memories.

My heart picked up its pace when little video clips played in the darkness. I'm sure I was smiling.

It was Lucifer and me, we were in a beautiful garden and I was running laughing. Lucifer grabbed me and spun me around. I watched as they looked at each other and I could tell clearly they loved each other. The garden moment was taken over by us dancing in the ballroom again, but this time we were dressed in elegant attire and hundreds of others danced around us. The last thing I remember seeing was us having our first kiss. I just had this gut feeling it was the first. Everything exploded with light, and warm electricity crackled across my skin.