twentyone - The Great Escape Of The Wayward

As soon as Micheal left I worked on freeing my hands from the ropes.

"Vanna, I am truly at your mercy. If I had foreseen this or gifted you sooner."

"Father don't be so unjust. You were doing what you thought was right."

This may be a time of hardship, but I wasn't going to left Father batter himself with guilt, he wasn't to blame.

"You won't be able to get out of that rope. It's designed to tighten every time you pull on it," my father stated as I tugged on the rope.

"How am I supposed to get out of them then." I was starting to lose my patients and my skin was aching for Lucifer. I didn't know how to explain how I knew I needed him; I just did.

"I suppose you can try cutting it with your wings."

I nodded understanding his words. I would have never thought of that.

It was getting easier to unfurl my wings. They were so beautiful in the heavenly light. The pure white that ombre into gold and then black at the tips.

I turned my face away as I swung my wing up and cut down onto the rope.

Glory filled my chest as I saw the rope had been severed. "That was a good idea, Father, I would have never thought of that."

My good spirits dropped as I looked to my father and he was still slumped against the piano leg.

"What has he done to you Father," I asked rushing to his side. I quivered at how much of his iridescent blood covered my hands and the floor.

"We shall talk about this at a more convenient time. Our main focus should be leaving and getting away from Michael so we can regroup."

I nodded hooking my arm under his and pulled him up to his feet. I cringed at the grunts that left his lips. It hurt me to see Father in so much pain.

"The door has a cast on it, so he'll know if we leave. You're going to have to light travel. I would do it, but I'm too weak," Father instructed.

I nodded as he continued, "Just think of the place you desire to be and gradually let the light inside you encase us, don't take your mind off that place."

All I could think of was Lucifer, He was where I wanted to be at the moment.

I could feel the warmth of my light surrounding us, I didn't suppress the smile that pressed on my lips.

I opened my eyes and the very moment I watched Michael bust through the door and lunge for us, but he wasn't faster enough. Light exploded throughout the room and we disappeared right before his eyes.

I got this overwhelming pull when we reached Hell. This place of vast nothing kept shoving its way into my head.

"What you are experiencing is that of a Wayward. Your soul's judgment day has arrived. You better get going," Father said from the couch. He hadn't moved from that very spot since we arrived a few hours ago.

"I will take you to the Judgment Hall," Lucifer whispered softly as he took my hand.

There we were again walking through limbo, umbrella in my hand. My tummy turned slightly as I approached the Hall. I would be lying if I didn't say I was nervous, but I guess I put on a good front because Lucifer hadn't said anything the entire walk.

As we walked into the building I stood in front of the doorway that lead to heaven and waited for Iris.

"It's judgment day my child," I spoke into her mind. I wanted her to feel as comfortable as possible. As nervous as I was I remain calm and collected.

"Excuse me. How do I open the doors," a curious voice asked.

I turned and smiled, Iris was just as sweet and independent as I was expecting.

"You just walk through my child." I smiled even brighter as Lucifer appear next to my side.

"You..you're the voice..you're my angel," She exclaimed happily.

"Yes my child. I'm your angel. I am Vanna, God's only female angel. Now please, enter the gates before they close."

I walked with her to the gates and gave her a smile of encouragement.

"Vanna, am I going to Heaven?"

I couldn't help to laugh at her bluntness. "Yes my child. You're going to heaven."

She nodded and I watched as she proceeded without me. I would have gone with her all the way, but the looming danger of Michael lingered and I wasn't one to engage without a plan.