Chapt. 30

4 years later

"Princess, it's okay. I'm here now."
~•~
"You look beautiful."
~•~
"Cupcake...of course you deserve life. You're the kindest person ever with a heart of gold. You're many things and that's what makes you who you are. It's not your fault he died. It's the drunk driver's fault. You didn't kill him alright. Please I can't bear seeing you like this. It hurts me to see you like this. I'm sorry for everything."
~•~

I jolt up awake from that weird dream. My face is drenched in tears. Why? I have no idea.

Who the hell was that?

I shook my head in attempt to get rid of the thoughts.

Lately, I've been getting these weird dreams about a guy. I can't see his face. But I can tell he's a guy cause of his voice.

For some reason it's very comforting and everytime I get these dreams I wake up with teary eyes.

I finally have a little motivation to get out of bed.

I walk to the huge glass window near my bed.

I live in a condo in New York.

I became a song writer. It has always been my dream to become one.

At least I think so. I lost my memories when I was 18 due to a surgery to cure my brain cancer.

I sigh and go to the kitchen.

I look through my fridge and it's quite empty except for a piece of chocolate fudge cake leftover from my birthday last week.

I guess that would do for breakfast. I'm just gonna go to the grocery store later.

I sit down on the floor at the balcony with my phone next to me. I stare at my phone.

Should I call them?

I haven't seen my besties and family since 5 months. I miss them.

I sigh and shake my head.

I take my phone and play my Spotify list. My newest song 'skyscraper' comes on and I hum to it.

No I'm not a singer. I'm a songwriter. I've always wanted to be a singer but I just didn't have the courage. I have anxiety.

I'm scared of making a fool of myself, making the smallest mistake or being judged.

Yes I know it's stupid. So what? Everyone gets judged.

But it's hard not everyone understands.

Anyway, after this I have work. I can come by anytime I want.

I felt a sudden urge to want to go to work. I felt like something good but bad is going to happen today.

I get up and put my plate of cake in the dishwasher and got ready for work.

-•-

After taking a shower, I smelled like strawberries. God do I love strawberries.

I went to my closet and take out something suitable for work but still cute. What? I'm only 22.