Chapt. 34

Ella's POV

I wake up on a masculine shoulder. I snuggled closer. I don't even care who's shoulder this is, it smells so freakin good.

I hear a deep chuckle from beside me.

Hawt af.

The lady on the speaker informs us that we are landing in 10 minutes.

I yawn and stretch my arms.

I looked to my side and see Damien looking at me.

Was I sleeping on his shoulder? Do I have drool on my face?

I casually touched my face and made sure there was no drool and luckily I was clean.

I sneaked a look at him. He was still looking at me.

This is so embarrassing. Why didn't he just wake me up?! Urgh! I feel so stupid.

The lady on the speaker informs us to put on our seatbelts and to stay in our seats.

"Are you gonna put on your seatbelt or do you want me to do it?" He smirks. Jerk.

I ignored him and put the seatbelts on.

"You know, I'm your brother's bestfriend, we should really get to know each other." He says.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "My brother has only ever had one bestfriend since we were kids. He was-" I trailed off. Who was I even talking about? All that just came out of my mouth.

"He was?" He asks.

"I don't know." I say unsure of myself. "You're confusing me. Stop talking to me." I say. He chuckles. He keeps doing that! Ugh!

"I would but it's hard not talking to such a beautiful lady next to me." He smirks. Guys and their smirks.

"I don't seem to have a problem with a hot guy next to me." I blurt out. I clamped my mouth and turned crimson red.

"You think I'm hot?" He smirks amused by this situation.

"Yes. I mean no. Kinda. Okay fine, you're hot but only a blind person would think you're not." I huff and roll my eyes. He smiles at me. Not smirk. Smile.

I blush for absolutely no reason.

What is this guy doing to me?!

I look out the window and see the view of Florida. The sun and beautiful sparking ocean. It's perfect.

After a while, we reach land and the seatbelts sign goes off which means we could stand up now.

I insisted we let the families with children go first and Damien decided to stay with me.

Soon, there were only a few people left on board.

"Let's go. They're probably wondering where we are." I say and he nods.

I let Damien go first and I come after.

Unfortunately, a man came up from behind me. I don't know what it's about but I really hated it when older men were around me. Especially strangers.

I tried avoiding him but he kept looking at me creepily.

Damien turned around to look at me and I guess he saw how uncomfortable I was with the man behind me so he went behind me.

Thank you so much Damien.

We were now walking to the baggage collecting place thing.

"You okay?" Damien asks me.

"Yeah, I just don't like it when older men are around me. I don't know why..." I trail off.

"I think I know." He mutters to himself.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. Oh look, there's everyone." He says and grabs my wrist while pulling me to them. I was too worn out from all that sleeping so I just didn't care about anything anymore.

"Did you guys take my bag for me?" I ask.

"Yup. Here you go." Xander says and shoves my bag to me.

I glare at him and he gives me an innocent smile.

"Thanks." I say sarcastically.

"Your welcome." He says.

I roll my eyes at him.

"Let's go. The car's waiting." Ashton says. He walks with his hand Tessa's waist. I see Breanne holding hands with Jason and Nate's arm around Jenna's shoulder.

When will I find the one?

"Shall we?" Damien says grinning while holding his hand out for me.

"We shall." I grin and we cross our hands together. I don't know why I did it or why it felt so right but I loved every second of it.

We walked like posh people at joked around with different accents while walking to the exit and getting into the car.

-•-

I didn't even realise we had reached the beach house all because I was caught up in talking with Damien. I felt so comfortable with him and didn't mind talking to him for every hour of the day.

I feel so stupid. I just met the guy and actually had a real conversation with him about an hour ago.

"You coming?" He asks before exiting the car.

"Actually, I was thinking of sleeping here and camping out in this car. Of course, I'm coming idiot." I say and hopped out the car.

He chuckles.

-•-

After getting settled in our room, which we still share, Damien and I were told to go and buy the goods for the party while the rest either help decorate the house or find people to come to the party.

"Let's go." I say and grab the keys to my dad's old bike which he left here. I looked at it and remembered all those times he took me riding all around Florida. I remembered it like it was yesterday, no, it felt like minutes ago.

"And how are we supposed to bring the stuff home in that?" He asks. Oh right. He actually has a point.

"Oh dang, I really wanted to use this bike. It was my dad's after all." I say trying to convince him to let me use my bike while he figures out a way to bring back the stuff.

He looks at me softly and gives in. "Fine, I'll use that car over there and you can use your bike." He says pointing to the Mustang in the garage.

"Yay me!" I say and hop on the bike, put my helmet on and rode away leaving Damien behind.

Well, tried to. The bike died before I was even able to ride 10 metres from the house. I guess time did something to this dude.

I laughed nervously taking off my helmet.

"On second thoughts..." I trail away as I went into the passenger seat.

He laughs at me and I have him a glare that made him shut up.

-•-

A/n: Short chapter I know but would you guys rather it be a long one and me updating probably one a month or really slow or short chapters but update frequently? Hmm? Lol jk. You guys are amazing and ilyg sm❣️

(Btw if you don't know the song above, and you're a girl. You're probably too young or never had a great childhood. No offence.)