Chapter 5

Jennie's POV

It had been two days since the confrontation in Lisa's room. I was angry with her. Infuriated even. However, she continued to be aloof and difficult. I still caught her looking at me with that look in her eyes. But there was more to it now. She had a longing in her eyes that cut to my core. I was afraid to get too close to her. Jin would be home in a couple of days and I honestly couldn't wait.  I missed him and spending all of this time alone with Lisa had left me feeling vulnerable. 

I watched her as she walked towards the house from the lawn. I put my book away and continued to stare at her. She seemed distracted. I watched as she suddenly changed her direction and walked over to her truck and pulled a bottle of Jack Daniels from behind the seat. She unscrewed the lid and drank the entire bottle without stopping for air.

"Jesus Christ" I whispered as she threw the bottle in the back of her truck and walked back towards the front of the house.

Suddenly, an older model ford truck pulled to a stop at the gate. I saw a native Thai male climb out of the driver side and shout. He held his arms out and I watched Lisa as she ran into them. He lifted her off the ground and spun her in a circle. It was the first smile I'd seen on her face in almost two days. Once he realised her, I could hear them talking excitedly to each other. I watched as the guy went over to his truck and pulled out a long narrow box like thing and handed it to her. She sat it down on the truck's hood and removed the top.

"Holy shit.. You've got to be kidding me!" I heard her exclaim.

"You like it?" He asked grinning.

"I love it!" She said, hugging him again.

Soon, I watched her taking an acoustic guitar out of the box. It looked branded. She admired it for a few moments before placing it back in the box and heading towards the house. Her friend followed.

"Hey dad!" She called out as she climbed the front steps. "Bambam is back!" She added.

She paused when she saw me. I saw her sway slightly. I was pretty sure the alcohol had finally hit her. She continued to stand directly in front of me and stare. Without warning, she kneeled down and took my hands in hers. My whole body responded to her touch. Her brown eyes stared into mine intently. I could tell she wanted to say something. Her father and friend stared uncomfortably from the door.

"I'm so sorry Jen" She said softly.

I felt her thumbs lightly stroking the back of my hands. She released one of my hands and stood up. She reached her hand towards my face and brushed her fingertips across my cheek. I felt a slight tug as she threaded her fingers through my hair.

"You're so beautiful" She whispered.

"Lisa. Enough." Her father said angrily. "Come inside."

She immediately turned around and disappeared into the house. Marco narrowed his eyes at me before following her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name." Bambam said to me.

I cleared my throat. "It's Jennie" I told him as I took his extended hand.

"I'm Kunpimook Bhuwakul. Most people just call me Bambam" He explained.

"It's nice to meet you" I smiled.

"Likewise" He said as he smiled before walking into the house.

I spent the rest of the day avoiding her. Everytime she touched me, I felt weaker. I began to question my decision of marrying Jin. I shouldn't have been feeling that way. I loved him, but I was beginning to question if that was enough. Because everytime I looked at Lisa, my heart ached.