Chapter 6

Lisa's POV

I hated flying. It made me nervous. I also wasn't looking forward to the inevitable swarm of paparazzi that would greet me once I landed in Seoul. It didn't take much for someone to recognise me and start tweeting about it. I was certain that several of the passengers had already done so.

As I waited for the plane to take off, I couldn't help but think of her. I wondered what she was doing and if she was okay. I fought the urge to text her the entire drive to the airport. I had asked Jin for her number, which was probably going to be a huge mistake. He was happy to give it to me though. What an idiot. I wish he would just call me out on my shit, so I could apologise and stop looking at his soon to be wife the way I did.

Once we took off, I couldn't wait until we reached cruising altitude. After what seemed like an eternity, the stewardess began the beverage service.

"What can I get you?" She asked.

"Umm, a jack and a coke please" I answered.

I stared at her backside as she walked away. Maybe flying wasn't as bad as I thought.

She returned and smiled. "Here you go" She said.

"Thank you Jennie" My eyes widened as I realised whose name I had spoken. "Uh I mean, thank you.... Yuna" I said, reading her name tag.

She smiled politely. "I like your band by the way" She said before continuing with her work.

I sighed to myself. Jennie had started seeping into everything. I sat and stared out of the window. I ordered several more drinks and found myself buzzing pretty good. Thank goodness for sunglasses, I thought.

I spent the rest of the flight shamelessly flirting with Yuna, the stewardess and ended up with her phone number by the time the plane landed. I grabbed my carry-on bag and exited the aircraft. Sure enough, I was bombarded at the baggage claim. Luckily, I had the foresight to contact my management and security teams.

My bodyguard quickly escorted me to a waiting SUV and went back to retrieve my luggage. I pulled out my phone and took a quick picture of the sign that was posted out in front of the airport entrance. I opened it up in an app and quickly edited it by applying a filter and cropping it neatly. I then proceeded to text it to Jennie. I wasn't surprised when she didn't respond.

Once I arrived at my house, I was relieved that it was empty. I thanked God that she got the hint. I figured she would. She might have been a model but she wasn't that dumb. I preferred to ignore her until she disappeared. I wasn't very good at dealing with all the confrontation and crying that comes with actually breaking up with someone.

I checked around the house and sure enough, all of her things were gone.

I spent the next few days in meetings. I had made the decision to leave the band and go solo. There were a lot of technicalities and legal stuff that had to be worked out. Songwriting royalties and copyright issues. I wasn't going to let the band replace me and continue to sing the songs that I wrote.

As I sat in one of my afternoon meetings, I felt my phone vibrate. I took it out and smiled immediately when I saw it was a text from Jennie.

Jennie : I miss you...

Me : How's Jin?

Jennie : Fuck you

Me : What? I'm just asking.

Jennie : Bye.

I laughed out loud which earned me some weird looks. She was a real piece of work. I knew I shouldn't have texted her that day. She was bad for me. She was probably sitting at home with my brother while she texted me that she missed me. It wasn't innocent either. It wasn't like two friends that actually missed each other. It was more like I miss you because I'm extremely attracted to you but I won't admit it. And that just wasn't okay.