Chapter 26

Lisa's POV

I woke up the next morning with her laying on my chest. The sun hadn't started to rise yet. I softly pressed my lips to the top of her head. I heard her let out a content sigh.

As I laid there holding her in my arms, I realised that I would give up everything for her, including my family. She was all I would ever need. The missing piece that completed me. I didn't care about my brothers or what they would think. I cared about her. I loved her.

I smiled when I felt her start to stir. She slowly sat up and looked at me.

"Morning sleepyhead" I whispered.

"Morning" She answered, her voice still raspy from sleep. 

"You sure about this Jen?" I asked her.

"I am" She said with complete certainty. "Are you? You have more to lose than me Lisa. If your family doesn't-"

"Shh" I said, silencing her and giving her a little peck on the lips. "You're my family now Jennie. I choose you" I said softly. 

"It just seems unfair. I wish it didn't have to be this way"

"Can I ask you something?" I said to her.

"Yes"

"Why did you marry him? After everything that happened between us that week, why didn't you just walk away then?"

"I had no idea what I was doing. So, I clung to the one familiar thing I had, Jin" She explained.

I frowned while I thought about what she said. It was a pretty simple explanation. "I guess it makes sense. Either way we would've fucked up" 

"Yeah" She said softly. "I should probably get up before everyone else does. Not that it's going to matter later but I just don't want him to find out this way"

"You should let me tell him"

"No. I owe him at least that much. I have to look him in the eye and tell him everything"

"I hope it's worth it Jen. I hope I'm worth it. I feel like I've left you no other choice..." I trailed off as she grabbed my hand and placed it on her chest over her heart.

"Do you feel that? You do this. My heart pounds every time I'm close to you. It beats for you Lisa." She said softly.

"This is going to be very hard for you Jen. Hurting him. Regardless of whatever issues the two of you have, it's still going to hurt. I'm going to ask you again, are you sure that this is what you want? I'm not a picnic. I come with an entirely different set of issues"

"I love you Lisa. I always have and I always will. That's all I need to know"

And there it was. Those three little words. For the first time, she said them to me. I couldn't breathe. Since I have a penchant for the dramatic, I'd say the world pretty much stopped. At least for me, it did. It's amazing what a difference hearing it out loud makes. Her eyes had always given it away, but she had yet to say it. Until now.

"Baby, are you okay?" She asked with a shy smile.

"Absolutely. I'm perfect" I smiled. "You should go before everyone wakes up"

"I'll see you later" She said as she got up. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back towards me. Before she could say something, I planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"I love you" I whispered.

"I love you too" She said softly as she finally left the room.

I stayed in bed and tried to process everything that was happening. This was literally what I had been waiting for over three years. I still felt terrible though. Jin was about to have his whole world turned upside down. He trusted me and I had repaid him by snatching up his wife when he wasn't looking. I hoped for Jennie's sake that he took it with some grace.