Chapter 24

Lisa's POV

As I walked into the house, I could tell that they had been talking about me. The awkward silence was almost comical. Grace immediately provided a welcome distraction that Jennie didn't hesitate to grab a hold of. I almost said something, but decided that it would be wise to keep my mouth shut.

"Mommy!" The three year old giggled as she ran into her mother's arms.

"Hey princess" Jennie smiled as she scooped her up. "Did you have fun?"

"Yes!"

"She's a pro" I said as I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Well she's learning from a pro" Rosé smiled.

"I've always been a good teacher" I said with a wink. Jennie narrowed her eyes at me. "Ask Jennie about it. She'll tell you how good I'm with my h-... How good I am at playing the guitar I mean" I added with a smirk.

Rosé clamped her hand over her mouth in an attempt to hold in a laugh. It didn't really work. Jennie pursed her lips and glared at me.

"Seriously Lisa?" She asked.

"Nah." I said, taking a drink of water.

"Can I color?" Grace asked Jennie.

"Yes baby. Come on" She said, taking her daughter's hand and leaving the kitchen.

I checked her out as she walked away. I couldn't help it. She had a great body.

"You're in rare form" Rosé said, crossing her arms. "I guess your time away really brought out the best in you"

"Oh, come on. She was asking for it. Besides, I deserve to have a little fun right?"

"Don't provoke her"

"I can't help it. She does this to me. Things are perfectly fine around here without her showing up and bringing her roller coaster complicated ass emotions. She gives me whip lash. I think we are in a bitchy phase right now"

"Lisa, are you seriously going to walk around here pretending like you don't feel anything for her anymore because if that's the case, you're seriously overcompensating" She said, rolling her eyes.

"Don't even start that with me. I laid it all out on the line Rosé. I don't know what sob story she's telling you, but I'm the one that got the short straw" I responded.

"And she didn't?" Rosé scoffed. "You're not this self sacrificing little angel you make yourself out to be. You put the moves on her to start with. Let's not forget that"

"She was practically begging for it"

"Listen to yourself! That's your older brother's wife! You should've known better"

"She could've said no"

"To you? Probably not. You make her stupid"

"Umm is everything alright girls?" Taehyung asked awkwardly as he walked into our conversation.

"Yeah. We were discussing Irene" Rosé answered quickly. I nodded in agreement.

"Oh. You guys getting back together?"

Rosé laughed. "No. That would be a mess"

"Okay." Taehyung said slowly. "Anyways, we've got some documents to finish. You gonna help Lis?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I'll be with you right away"

"Okay. Meet me at the office" He said as he walked away.

"Bye babe" Rosé smiled. "Love you"