Chapter 16

Lisa's POV

I watched the different buildings pass as we drove. I glanced over at Taehyung who was napping with his head leaning against the window. For the first time in a long time, I felt content. I had spoken with my management team about my intention to leave public life. They were currently working out the best way to inform my fans and the general public. I would probably always make music, I just wouldn't be touring and doing the endless publicity. No more premiers and parties and award shows. No more industry and its never ending demands from me. I was burnt out.

"Are we home yet?" I heard Taehyung grumble as he woke up.

"Just almost there you sleeping ugly" I smirked.

"Lame" He said, rolling his eyes.

"You're lame bro" I said to him. He huffed.

"Anyways, I'm so ready for a hot shower and my warm bed. I hate staying in those hotels" He stated.

"That makes two of us" I replied.

"Can I ask you something Lis?" Taehyung said as we stopped for the traffic lights.

"Go for it"

"What do you think of Rosé?" He asked.

"She's a great person" I said with a smile.

"So, you like her?" He asked hopefully.

"Umm, well yes" I said raising an eyebrow. "You're being weird"

"I'm gonna ask her to marry me" He blurted out.

"That's awesome!" I exclaimed. "Good luck" I winked.

"Thanks Lis" He said, letting out a soft laugh.

"She'll say yes"

"I know"

The rest of the ride home was spent in silence. Silence with Taehyung was always comfortable. He had a certain air of carelessness about him. He was goofy as hell. A man child who was full of mischief and foolishness. I still had him beat in the mischief department however. Mischief was my specialty. He was the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back. He was a good man and he would be a great husband and father. That was for sure.

We arrived back at the house just as the sun was setting. I saw Jennie out in the lawn reading a book. I was surprised to see her up and moving around. She looked terrible the last time I saw her. I got out of the car and Taehyung did the same. I saw Jennie approaching me as I took my small luggage bag out.

"Need a hand?" She said with a smile. I loved the way her eyes lit up on seeing me.

"Nah. I got it"

"It's been quiet without you and Taehyung around"

"I'm sure that was a welcome relief" I said as we walked towards the house.

"I missed you" She said, touching my forearm.

"I need to go wash up" I said awkwardly.

"Lisa, don't be like this. Please?" She looked at me.

I sighed as she searched my eyes for some signal of surrender. I wasn't trying to be indifferent to her. I just didn't want to get lost in her.

"Come see me after dinner" I said softly as I reached my hand out and touched her face gently.

"Okay" She mumbled as she turned and walked into the house.

Dinner was uneventful. I was preoccupied anyway. I didn't really talk much and I was glad that no one really noticed. I could vaguely hear the conversations as they all spoke about their day or something they heard on the news. I pretty much zoned out. I had one thing on my mind : Jennie. I wanted her to leave Jin. We still hadn't decided how we were going to go about telling the family about our relationship when the time came. I assumed it would be a simple story about the way we connected after Jin and her got divorced. I wasn't sure what kind of timeline we would be working on, so our relationship would have to be a secret. The secrecy was getting old as it was. I was getting frustrated with how complicated this whole situation was.