Chapter 7

Jennie's POV

It had been almost a month since Lisa left. I hadn't heard from her after I asked her to stop texting me. I didn't think about her as often as I thought I would. There were days when I didn't think about her at all. I spent a majority of time getting the wedding preparations finished. In one more week, I would be Mrs. Kim Jennie Manoban.

Today was going to be a busy day for me. Several of my family members and people that were in my bridal party were going to be here. The rehearsal dinner was in two days.

"Hey babe." Jin said as he sat at the table. "You okay?" He asked.

"Mhmm just busy. There are so many things that need to be done." I said.

"How can I help?" He asked sincerely.

"I've got everything covered. Don't worry" I answered with a smile.

"Alright baby. I'm gonna go see what Tae is up to" He got up and gave me a kiss before leaving the room.

I was beginning to feel incredibly guilty about what happened between Lisa and I. Some times I felt like maybe I was encouraging her. I shouldn't have texted her all those weeks ago. I was being honest when I said that I missed her. I hadn't really even got to know her very well, but there was something about her that felt like home. It was missing since she left.

My mind quickly switched gears back to what I had actually been doing. My wedding. Rosé, my maid of honour, would be flying in tomorrow morning. I had to go pick her up from the airport. I was looking forward to seeing her. She was my best friend. There was no problem on earth that she and I couldn't resolve in a pair of pajamas over a cup of tea.

After I was done with the seating charts, I headed upstairs to go to bed and that's when I heard it. Her laugh. Her unmistakable voice. I stopped and looked outside, and sure enough, there she was, wrestling with Taehyung.

I walked over to the doorway and watched them. No one told me she was here. To say that I was shocked, would be an understatement.

"You're fucking cheating!" I heard Taehyung yell as she nut checked him.

"Don't be such a kid!" She teased back.

I watched as they pushed each other around a bit more before falling to the ground and laughing.

"I'm so exhausted!" Taehyung exclaimed dramatically.

I watched as Lisa slung her arm around Jin's shoulder. "I love you guys" She said grinning at Taehyung.

"We love you too sis" He responded.

"I'm proud of you Jin oppa" I heard Lisa say. "Take care of her" She added.

"I will Lis" He said. "Mom and dad taught me how to be a good man. Growing up with siblings like you and parents like them prepared me. I've got this" Jin said smiling.

"How is it that my ugly ass brother is getting married before this handsome looking guy like myself?" Taehyung asked laughing.

"I'm way better looking than you and you know it Tae" Jin teased. Taehyung gave him a pout.

"Hey" Lisa said, getting their attention. "Let's promise each other that no matter what, we'll always be close. Distance, women and time won't break us apart" She said holding up a beer.

"To us" Taehyung said, clanking his beer with hers. Jin followed suit.

I watched as she suddenly glanced my way. My heart skipped a beat when her eyes met mine. There was a sparkle to them that I had never seen before. She bit her bottom lip and gave me a slight nod. I swear she could see right through me. I felt my heart rate increase and my palms get sweaty. She continued to make eye contact with me. She didn't even try to hide what she was thinking. That look in her eyes was back. I could just tell. I knew because I wanted the same thing.