Chapter 20

Lisa's POV

The days passed slowly. Gloomy, rainy weather kept everyone trapped in the house for the most part. It had rained for three days straight. I was relieved to wake up to sunlight pouring through my curtains. I had become painfully aware of Jennie's sadness due to our close proximity. She was completely unhappy and it came off her in waves. Her smile never quite reached her eyes, unless it had anything to do with Grace.

Grace was her whole world. Jin was an entirely different story. He had an unbelievable relationship with his cellphone and laptop. You could see how much his lack of attention hurt Jennie. I felt bad because I was legitimately happy in my relationship. I loved Irene. She was a great girl. I felt slightly awkward around Jennie. I still felt the undeniable pull, but the longing wasn't there anymore. Time had eased my pain and I had moved on.

I lifted my arms above my head and yawned. It felt good to stretch. I felt the warm body nestled against me start to stir, her skin brushing against mine. I stared at her sleeping figure. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and peppered soft kisses on her face. I smiled when I heard her content sigh.

"Good morning baby" Irene mumbled.

"How did you sleep?" I asked.

"Perfect"

"Good. I'm going to take a shower. Tae and I are gonna go to the hardware store outside the city today" I said as I rubbed her back slowly.

"Mmm hmm" She said yawning. "I've got to start packing anyway. I have to be back in the studio tomorrow"

"I'll help you pack when I get back home" I smiled. "Assuming you're not already finished by then"

"Okay" She said and kissed me softly before I got out of bed.

I turned on the hot water and stepped under the shower head. The past few days had been interesting. I noticed the strain between my brother and Jennie. They were trying to put on a show in front of everyone. I could see right through it though.

After I got dressed, I made my way downstairs. I saw Jennie sitting with Grace. She looked content but as soon as we made eye contact, I knew better. She was hurting and it was pissing me off. I wanted to slap the hell out of Jin. It still hurt me to see her so lonely. She needed to feel loved.

I looked around the kitchen and spotted Jin on his phone. I grabbed a glass of water and decided to talk to him.

"Hey oppa" I said, trying to get his attention.

He nodded and held up a finger as he continued talking in the phone.

"No. Now." I said grabbing his cell phone and dropping it into my glass of water.

"What the fuck Lisa?!" He said, raising his voice.

"Let's talk" I said as I walked outside.

"You can't just take my phone Lisa. I was working. What you did was bullshit!"

"You're ignoring her oppa and it's breaking her heart. You have a daughter that you barely spend time with"

"What makes you an expert on matters of Jennie's heart Lisa?" He said, rolling his eyes. "She's fine. She would tell me if there was a problem"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"What?" He asked, waving his arms.

"What you said about me being an expert on matters of Jennie's heart"

"Ah. You tell me Lisa. I've seen the way you fucking look at her. Is there something you want to confess to me Lisa? You seem awfully concerned about her"