Chapter 28

Lisa's POV

I focused on my breathing as I put one foot in front of the other. Slowly, I marched to my death. I could feel the cold steel as Jin pressed the barrel of the gun into the back of my neck. Jennie and Grace's crying rang loudly in my ears. This was the only way. I knew as soon as I got him out of the house, Jennie would call the police or ambulance. I would die but they would live and that was all that mattered to me.

"You don't have to do this" I said as we stepped out of the front door.

I heard Jennie scream my name.

"Yes I do. It's the only way" He said in return.

"I know you're hurting Jin. Think about what you're doing. There's no turning back if you do this. What do you hope to accomplish?" I asked, trying to stall him.

He shoved me forward without saying a word. I landed hard on my knees and winced as the gravel dug into the palms of my hands.

"Don't move" He growled.

"So, this is how it's going to be? You're gonna shoot me in the back when I'm on my knees?" I said as I felt myself growing angry.

"Something like that" He answered.

I pushed myself up off the ground and turned around to face him.

"Fuck you Jin. You can look me in the eyes and shoot me"

"Turn around!" He yelled at me.

"No"

"Turn around" He said, his voice low and menacing. 

"I won't" I said as I met his steely gaze.

I could see him struggling with what he should do next. He opted to step closer and push the barrel of the gun against my cheek. 

"Get on your knees" He hissed.

"No" I said as I tried to keep my breathing even. "I'll die standing. Not on my knees"

I watched as his face twisted into an ugly snarl. He kicked my knee and I immediately dropped and cried out in pain.

He leveled the pistol on my head. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact. I didn't see her at first but I could hear her.

It was Grace and she was running towards us, screaming at Jin to stop. He glanced over at her and I immediately tackled him.

"Grace!" I heard Jennie scream as she chased after her.

As Jin and I rolled around on the ground, I attempted to get the gun away. He was too strong. I continued to fight with him and hoped I could last until help arrived. As we struggled, I managed to get a hold of the firearm. We both pulled and pushed in an attempt to gain control.

The loud bang, when it went off, caused us both to stop fighting. He quickly stood up as I stayed on the ground. The pain was excruciating. I didn't have any time to process what was happening. I heard another gunshot ring out and I watched as Jin lurched forward and fell to the ground.

I looked around and saw Grace clinging to Jennie. Rosé had her arms around both of them.

Taehyung. It was Taehyung.

He was standing about 30 feet away holding dad's hunting rifle. He lowered the weapon and ran towards me. I could hear the sirens approaching in the distance. I felt Taehyung's hands on me as he tried to pull me up. 

"Come on Lis. Get up" He said.

"I can't. My leg" I winced as I pointed to my blood soaked thigh.