Chapter 11

Jennie's POV

Once Jin and I had returned from our honeymoon, it was business as usual. He returned to work at the office and I resumed my writing.

I hadn't really spoken to Lisa since that day in her room at the house. I didn't really expect to either. I knew she probably felt like I was toying with her and leading her on. Some times, I wondered myself. What was it that I hoped to get from her? I still didn't know. There wasn't a single thing that could justify what I had done. The only thing that I knew with an absolute certainty was that when I was with her, I felt more alive than I had ever been. It was addicting and I wanted more.

The weeks passed by and I fell into a steady routine with Jin. He worked constantly and I was alone. It seemed like the only time we were together was when he stuffed me into some ridiculously expensive dress and took me along to some fancy function hosted by his office. He was trying to leave an impression and make partner. Judging by the looks I got, I guessed I was just his trophy wife. I felt so out of place in his world. It never used to be like this before. But I suppose marriage changes things a bit. As his wife, it was expected of me to attend these gatherings. Honestly, I was miserable.

Everything was so dull in comparison to her.

I heard my phone and went to check who it was. Lisa had sent me a text. I quickly opened it and smiled when I read it.

Lisa : If you were here right now, I would make you breakfast. Never mind the fact that it's 4 in the afternoon. I'd also insist that you eat in bed. Dressed or not, who cares (;

I hadn't talked to her in forever. It was funny that she would send something lime this. I decided to text her back.

Jennie : In your dreams.

Lisa : That you are.. every night.

Lisa : Do you ever think about me Jen?

Jennie : Honestly? All the time.

Lisa : Same. I'm not sure what it means, but I kind of like it.

Jennie : I'm surprised to hear from you. It's been a while. I noticed you've made some new friends.

Lisa : Irene? Haha! Are you jealous?

Jennie : No. She's really pretty though.

Lisa : We are just friends I promise. Why does it even matter? Last time I checked you were married and we weren't in a relationship.

Jennie : Someone is feeling a little feisty. I wasn't trying to provoke you.

Lisa : That last text came across a lot more harsh than I meant. I was smiling when I wrote it if that changes the context. 

Jennie : It's fine. I'm smiling as well.

Lisa : I love your smile Jen. It's beautiful.

Jennie : I miss you. Is it okay for me to say that?

Lisa : Yes.

Jennie : I wanna see you Lisa

Lisa : You will soon. I'll be in New Zealand in a couple weeks. Can I ask you something?

Jennie : Of course.

Lisa : Don't tell Jin oppa that I'll be in town.

Jennie : Why?

Lisa : Because I'm not going to be there for any other reason than to see you.