Chapter 27

Jennie's POV

I was glad when I opened my eyes and found her sleeping next to me. She radiated warmth and security. I needed her strength. She was everything to me. After everything that my heart had put me through, I knew that it was safe with her. She had changed a lot over the last year. Whatever burdens she used to carry, were long gone. Her eyes were bright and clear. She was steady.

The conversation with Jin hadn't gone well at all. He exploded in anger. I had never seen him in that state in all the years I had known him. Once he calmed down, he tried to convince me that we could work it out. When that didn't work, he began to cry hysterically. I had no idea what to do.

The part that scared me the most was what he had to say about Lisa. I was legitimately worried for her safety. He threatened to kill her. There was something about the way he said it that worried me. He was so calm and determined when he uttered the words. It chilled me to the bone.

Before I could let my mind wander any further, Taehyung barged into the room.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" He exclaimed.

Lisa immediately woke up and snapped at him. "Haven't you heard of knocking?"

"This is real cute" He said laughing. "I cannot fucking believe this"

"Tae, get out" She said calmly.

"How could you do this to him? He's your older brother Lisa" He said to her, his eyes pleading for an answer.

"It doesn't matter"

"I think it does"

"Tae, it's not all her fault" I said quickly.

"Jennie, shut up for a while please" Lisa said as she stood up to face her brother.

"You betrayed him. Your own flesh and blood over a girl!" Taehyung yelled.

"No. I fell in love with the same girl he did" She said calmly. "This isn't some random hook up"

"You know what really gets me Lisa? The fact that you lied. I could look past you and Jennie hooking up or whatever, it's alright. It happens. The fact that you looked me in the eye and lied to me without blinking is unbelievable. I don't even know who you are anymore" He said, sadness evident in his voice.

I could tell that Lisa was struggling for something to say. "You're right. I've done some things that I'm not proud of but I love her Taehyung. She wasn't happy with him"

"Then you never should have married him!" He said angrily as he looked at me. "How do you even look at yourself in the mirror Jennie? Jin hyung is a lot of things but he isn't a bad person. He deserves better"

"Yes, he does. That's why I left him" I said with a shaky voice. "I couldn't live a lie anymore"

"This is between you and I. Leave her out of it!" Lisa yelled at him.

"Perhaps you should have taken your own advice" He retorted.

"Taehyung, don't try to be a fucking smart ass!"

"I don't trust you anymore. I can't even look at you Lisa. You were supposed to love your brother. Take care of him. Not completely betray him and shatter his whole world!" He said, waving his arms before dropping them to his sides.

"I didn't do this on purpose!"

"Oh, so you accidentally started an affair with his wife?" He asked sarcastically.

"That's not fair Taehyung..."

"Tell me, how does it feel now Lisa? After destroying someone's life?"