Chapter 25.

Cassy paused the movie suddenly and turned to look at Emily. Emily shrugged and ate another piece of popcorn. I looked between them curiously. 

"Don't give me that. There's been a lot of closed doors lately. What's going on?" Cassy asked.

Emily and I glanced toward the alphas office door. It was closed. I hadn't even seen them walk by.

"I don't know." Emily sighed. "It's official stuff. Aaron and I don't-"

"Bull shit. He is your mate. If you wanted to know all you'd have to do is ask." Cassy said.

"Yeah well I'm not asking, as a matter of fact we are in a fight so..." Emily shook her head.

"What? Since when do you fight?" Cassy asked.

"Since this crap started." Emily gestured to the office. "I don't know what's going on Cassy. All I know is it-" She broke off and looked at me uncertain.

"It's what?" Cassy asked.

"It involves Logan and Xane." Emily said.

Cassy eyes widened.

"So it's like... alliance stuff?" Cassy asked.

Emily nodded and looked back at the popcorn. It was obvious she didn't want to talk about it but I wanted to know what they meant.

'Alliance?' I asked.

"It's just..." Cassy said. She paused and looked at Emily for help.

"It's not really called that or anything it's just packs that monitor for certain situations to avoid facing another abomination like the Noah Devlin concentration camps." Emily said.

'Who?' I signed.

"Devlin? You didn't learn about it in your pack?" Cassy asked.

I shook my head.

"He kidnapped children from all over, anyone that had a bloodline connected to the power three. He eradicated the steel moon pack." Cassy said.

'Why?' I asked.

"He was trying to build an army. He was following a bunch of crap about the alpha king. We haven't had one in so long he knew we were overdue. He thought if he could build an army, force all of the strong bloodline children to be a part of it, then eventually one of them would produce the alpha king." Cassy said.

"The camps started out as a camp for gifted children. It only excepted kids with the right bloodline. A few parents fell for it and then when the kids never came back they realized they had no idea where this 'special camp' was. Everyone stopped sending their kids. So he started taking them. Inside the camps these kids were treated like prisoners and trained to be monsters. Most of it was kill or be killed. Except the girls. Most of them were used as leverage to force the others to obey but the older ones were forced to reproduce. Devlin thought that all he had to do was mix the right DNA and the alpha king would be born. If he could get his hands on the king he would have control over the kings guard and in turn all of the packs." Emily said.

'So what happened?' I asked.

"The packs found out where the camps were. They teamed up and raided it. Most of his followers were rounded up and sentenced accordingly but Devlin wasn't there. The kids were sent home. Traumatized and some were seriously injured." Cassy said.

"But not all of the kids were sent home. Some of them were mistaken for the wrong kids, some were orphans, and a lot had already died." Emily said quietly. "And because Devlin was never found some of the packs formed a treaty to be vigilant of any suspicious activity. Activity that has been on the rise lately."

"It has?" Cassy asked.

"The number of kidnappings has increased exponentially in the past two years. It could be coincidence but it is exactly what they were watching for." Emily said.

"So you did know what the closed door stuff is about..." Cassy said.

"No. I know that he's been talking to Logan and I know rogues have been invading our territory more than usual. I don't know exactly what's going on and I don't want to." Emily said. She swiped the remote from Cassy and pressed play on the movie. I couldn't even remember what the movie had been about. I sat awkwardly glancing between them. I couldn't tell if they were angry at each other or the "closed door" thing.