Chapter 47.

"...Silas..." Aaron tried again. Aaron shifted and pulled my arm. He was positioning himself in-between Silas, Sam, and I. I glanced back at Matthew to see if he knew what was going on. He stood just as ridged as Aaron. Concern and fear were obvious on both of their faces.

I looked back at Silas. He still wasn't breathing. Was he having a panic attack? I glanced at Aaron and Matthew again. It was clear they weren't going to move any closer to help him. He needed help.

"Rylan don't!" Matthew said when I shifted around Aaron and moved toward Silas. Aaron's hand shot out to stop me but I dodged it easily. In no time I was standing in front of Silas. I wasn't sure what to do so I just reached out and placed my palm on his chest to get his attention. Silas inhaled sharply and he closed his eyes. His hand came up and covered mine.

"Are you back?" Aaron asked.

"Mmm." Was Silas only response as he took slow steady breaths. I could practically feel him counting.

"This is Sammy. Rylan came across him and baby Amelia when she went for her 'walk'. Adam said they caught the rogue but they were not able to detain him." Aaron said. I wondered if he should be telling Silas all this while Silas was still trying to count his breaths. I knew what Aaron was saying about the rogue was important though. The rogue had fought to the death so we wouldn't be able to figure out why he had kidnapped two children.

Silas hand tightened around mine a second before his eyes opened. He didn't look at Sammy or Aaron. He looked strait at me and there was no mistaking the anger in his eyes. My breath caught and before I could step back he pulled me closer.

"Unless your version of a 'walk' means a six mile run toward the most dangerous boarder in my territory then you have some serious explaining to do." Silas voice was dangerously low as he spoke to me. It made me want to cringe but I bit my cheek and forced myself to maintain eye contact. He was right to be upset with me. I had basically lied to him.

"Silas..." Aaron said.

"No." Silas said but his eyes didn't leave mine. "Your reckless decision nearly got you killed. If Adam and Quin hadn't already been scouting for that rogue you would be dead and so would they."

My eyes burned and I blinked rapidly as I nodded. I had been stupid. I'd let my instincts take over knowing they always lead me astray. I hated the idea that my irresponsible behavior might have cost these kids their lives if we hadn't been lucky. I hadn't helped them I'd just been an unnecessary obstacle for Quin and Adam.

"She saved us!" A small angry voice growled from behind me. Silas glanced down at Sam. He looked a little queasy as he acknowledged the boy but his anger softened.

"Alpha Brogan." Matthew said. My full attention shifted to Matthew and the baby as did the others. Matthew looked up, only making eye contact with Silas. I looked back at Silas. He seemed to understand whatever Matthew hadn't said. Matthew gave a small head shake. It wasn't good. Silas jaw ticked. Before I could ask what was wrong I was pulled out of the room. I tried to push Silas away, to get around him, or through him. I needed to know what was going on.

"Stop." The simple command made me freeze. I was more shocked than obedient. He hadn't used an official command but I didn't want to risk pushing him to where he had too. "Matthew needs to focus. He can't have anyone in there because one distraction right now could be the difference between whether or not she lives or dies." I looked up at his eyes. They still held a glimmer of anger but they were mostly sad and wary now. Silas released me when he was sure I was done fighting him. He guided me into the living room. I could hear Sam yelling and fighting Aaron as they moved outside. I changed direction to see if maybe I could help but Silas stopped me again.

"You are bleeding again and my patience is thin." He turned me toward the stairs as he spoke. I went up hesitantly. I didn't know what he was going to do. At the top of the steps he led me down the hall with his hand on my lower back. It reminded me of the first night I'd spent in Willow pack. It only added to the feelings of uncertainty and fear. We entered a room and Silas shut the door behind us. My stomach flopped. Despite our intimate interaction this morning the closed door still made me anxious.

"Take off your pants." Silas said and disappeared into the bathroom. My body wouldn't move. I couldn't do as he asked and I couldn't make a run for it. Before I could get a handle on the overwhelming panic that his words had triggered he reappeared. I kept my eyes on the floor. Reverting back to my defense tactics I was avoiding eye contact in hopes of avoiding pain. Silas tilted my chin up so that I was forced to look at him.

"Have I ever hurt you?" He asked.

I swallowed hard and shook my head.

"Can you picture a scenario where I would hurt you?" He asked.

I pressed my lips together in a thin line as I considered his words. I refused to even attempt to imagine it. I didn't want to know if, or how, he could hurt me.

"Look." He held up the gauze and Ace bandage he'd grabbed from the bathroom.

"You weren't afraid when I had you pinned to my bed this morning, don't let those thoughts in now." He said slowly unbuttoning my pants.

"If you keep your breaths even and your eyes on me I have no doubt that you can do this Leannan." The zipper made a soft hiss as he eased it down. I did as he asked and focused on keeping my breaths regular while he slid my pants down past my hips and then my thighs. He bent down and tapped my leg. I lifted it. In one smooth motion he slipped off my shoe and pant leg. He touched the other leg and e repeated the same motions.

"Sit." He said guiding back a little. I plopped down. I gripped the edge of the bed to try and keep my hands from shaking.

"You're supposed to be looking at me." Silas knelt down in front of me. I hadn't realized my gaze had slipped to glare at the floor. I raised my eyes back to his.

"I'm going to clean it so that it will actually heal this time. Watch me. Don't close your eyes." He eased my legs apart. I watched as he leaned down slowly.

He lifted my leg just under the knee and licked the cut on the inside of my thigh. Instead of the pleasant tingles I'd grown accustomed to it burned. He slid his tongue across it again and it went numb. I felt his tongue a third time. My breath caught. The usual tingles were suddenly radiating out from my inner thigh. My lower stomach began to ache and I squirmed uncomfortably.

Silas paused and looked up at me. His eyes had darkened to the shade I'd seen this morning. He leaned back and licked me again. I bit my lip to fight the urge to vocalize my discomfort as another rush of tingles crushed me. He kissed my thigh once and smirked up at me.