Chapter 29.

The training grounds were definitely a step up from Wolfsbanes. There was an obvious track, several obstacle courses, and even what appeared to be a designated building. In my old pack there was only an empty field for training. Cassy led the way past the building and toward a group of about 15 girls. They all appeared to be around the same age. It made perfect sense that they would be grouped by age. It was an easy way to determine abilities in regard to pre or post shift. Most werewolves didn't shift until they turned sixteen. Cassy was almost there but not quite yet.

"Rylan this is Quinn, my instructor." Cassy introduced as we approached a man who looked to be just a few years older than me. Quinn smiled sheepishly and nodded toward me in acknowledgement.

"We've actually met..." Quinn said. "I'm really sorry about your ribs. I hope you are healing ok."

My eyes widened. He had been the light brown wolf that had originally knocked me down when I ran.

'It was my fault for running.' I signed.

"She blames her self for running in the first place..." Cassy said for me.

"Well you definitely have some moves. That maneuver, with a full-grown werewolf on your back, after just cracking some ribs is a little beyond a normal skill level..." Quinn said. "Are you here for training?"

"Hell no." The sound of the Betas voice made all three of us turn to look.

"Rylan is not cleared, medically, for any physical exertion. NO participation." Aaron said pointedly as he joined us.

"Understood Beta Avi." Quinn said inclining his head respectfully. He still held a light smile despite Aarons commanding tone. Aaron turned toward me.

"I just came over to give you this but I'm serious. No participation." He said holding out a phone. I took the phone as I nodded. I was too surprised by the gesture to argue about his simple request. For now, at least.

'Are you sure?' I asked. I'd never had a cell phone before.

"Yeah. Of course. I can't believe we forgot to get you one." Aaron said. " All of our numbers are programmed in so you can text or call anyone. Calls are for emergencies though so make sure there's no butt dialing or you'll have someone running for no reason."

'Butt dial?' I asked. I wasn't sure what he meant. It sounded like some form of booty-call but that didn't make sense in the context.

"It's where you accidentally push buttons on the phone while its in your pocket." Cassy said.

"Exactly. So yeah. You can text whoever whenever. We don't mind although we can't always reply quickly." Aaron said.

"No participation." He repeated to Quinn.

"Focus." He said to Cassy.

"Text me." He said to me. We all nodded and he walked away.

"Is my number in there?" Quinn asked. Cassy's eyes widened and she pressed her lips tightly together to hide her smirk. I scrolled through the phone carefully as I looked for his name. There was a Quinn. Quinn Green. I turned the phone to show him. He nodded and smiled.

"Good, you should text me too." He said before walking away.

"Ok Girls, today I want to start with a warm up lap and the usual stretching." He said. All of the girls took off running almost immediately. They ran around the track and back to their spots where they began stretching.