Chapter Three

As they were driving through London, Zoe called the carers to let them know she was on her way home.

"I hope you don't mind me asking" Richard said as she came off the phone "but how are you going to cope looking after your brother?" Zoe had been thinking the same question. It had hurt so much when she had tried to dress herself and somehow she had to find a way to look after her brother too.

"I will have to find a way I have little other option" Zoe replied.

"How would you feel if I came and stayed for a little while? I have no jobs lined up for the next few weeks other than reading a couple of scripts so I could come and help you and your brother." Richard said.

"I really wouldn't want to put you out" Zoe replied not used to such offers of kindness.

"It would be my pleasure to help" Richard replied " I would just need to call at my place on the way home to pack a bag."

"I would very greatful" Zoe said as she accepted his offer. Zoe had enjoyed her time with Richard today and she had been dreading it coming to an end so if Richard came to stay it wouldn't be ending. Or not just yet anyway.

They drove through London until they pulled up outside a house which Zoe presumed must be Richard's home.

"Would you like to come in for a minute while I pack some things?" He asked. Zoe followed Richard into his home and he showed her through to his living room. There was a large corner sofa in the corner next to the window and there was a TV fixed to the wall opposite.

"Make yourself at home, I won't be long" he said as he headed up the stairs. Zoe wandered over to the fireplace where she noticed a few picture frames. She didn't want to be nosy but she couldn't help but be curious as this man was relatively unknown to her but he was being so kind to her in her time of need. One of the frames showed Richard with an older couple and she could instantly see the resemblance.

These must have been his parents

These must have been his parents. The second frame was a picture of Richard and another guy who was similar age to him. The other guy had longer curly hair but the way
they were holding each other you would think that they were brothers but then Zoe remembered that he only had two sisters.