Chapter Twenty Five

The next morning Zoe awoke with her alarm and got up and went straight to get in the shower. She had a couple of hours to get ready and make her way to Charing Cross to meet Oliver.

Once she had showered and washed her hair she wrapped a towel around herself and stepped in front of the bathroom basin to moisturise her face. It was then when she began to feel queasy. It felt like her stomach had suddenly done a flip and she rushed over to the toilet as she began to throw up.

"Are you all right love" Richard asked as he rushed into the bathroom and scooped her wet hair from around her face and held it back for her.

"Please leave me Richard, you really don't need to see this" Zoe begged before she had to throw her head over the toilet again.

"Zoe I am here for you through thick and thin" Richard replied as she began to rub soothing circles into her back. Once Zoe was able to compose herself again she stood up again and washed her face in the bathroom basin.

"I guess that was the nerves over today" Zoe said as she dried her face with a towel.

"Are you sure it was that?" Richard asked. "Is there no chance that you could be pregnant?"

"We always use protection" Zoe replied.

An hour later Zoe had managed to make herself look presentable and left the house to meet Oliver. Once she met Oliver he advised that their meeting was in a local hotel and they made their way.

The producers from Sony were already waiting for them in the foyer of the hotel as they arrived and they showed them through to a private room they had hired for a couple of hours.

"It' great to finally meet you Zoe, I'm Chris" said one of the guys shaking Zoe's hand.

"I'm Paul" the other guy said stepping forward after Chris to also shake Zoe's hand. "Oliver has told us so much about you and we love what you did with Glow."

"Thank you" Zoe replied. "It's great to meet you too."

"Now let's get down to business" Paul said as they took their seats around the table. "I don't know if Oliver has told you this yet but Sony records are prepared to offer you a recording contract to record a twelve track album. Oliver has agreed to write all the songs for the album but if there are any tracks you would like to cover we can request the rights from the relevant people and you can also have a couple of covers on their too."

"Wow that sounds amazing" Zoe replied not really sure what else to say. To hear someone say they are prepared to offer you the chance to record your own album is a crazy experience.

"If possible we want to try and release the album early to mid summer and then if the demand is there we would hope to do a short UK tour towards the end of the year" Chris said.

"A tour too?" Zoe asked shocked.

"Yes the tour isn't a certainty yet but following the success of Glow we expect their to be a demand for live shows from your fans so we may look to arrange that once we see the response to the album" Chris replied.

An hour later Zoe and Oliver left the hotel following their successful meeting.

"So were you ok with everything agreed in there?" Oliver asked. "Now is the time to say if not so we can get it changed before it is all set in stone."

"It was all fine I promise, I just still can't believe that someone is prepared to pay me to record an album. Never would I ever have imagined this happening." Zoe replied.

That evening as Zoe and Richard sat at home in the kitchen Richard noticed that Zoe wasn't really touching the meal he had made.

"Is everything ok?" Richard asked indicating to the plate in front of her.