Chapter Twenty Two

A couple of days later, Zoe clinged onto Richard's hand as she climbed out of the car. Here she was now on the red carpet of the Golden Globes. The Golden Globes she was nominated for. She still couldn't believe it even now nearly four weeks after finding out about the nomination. She was wearing the beautiful dress she had been provided and felt like a princess.

She looked across at Richard as the paparazzi began taking photos, their flashes nearly blinding her. He was so handsome in his tuxedo tonight.

"You ready?" Richard asked.

"I'll never be ready for this" Zoe laughed.

The walked forward closer towards the paparazzi and the onslaught started. There were calls from them a to look this way and then that way. Richard kept hold of Zoe's hand the entire time providing the encouragement she needed. She stood tall and gave herself the best nervous smile she could muster. That was when Richard completely surprised her. He pulled her round into his arms and kissed her on the lips. The flashes of the paparazzi intensified as they all tried to get that perfect photo of them. Richard and Zoe pulled away from each other and Zoe found herself giggling.

"Thank you gentlemen" Richard said waving his hand at them before leading Zoe inside. "Thought I would give them all a good payout tonight" Richard whispered into Zoe's ear as she laughed.

Inside the Beverley Hilton was huge. On their way to their table they were greeted by many celebrities who wanted to wish Zoe luck tonight. Zoe thanked them all while being star struck. As they found their seats at their table Richard squeezed Zoe's hand again.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"George Clooney, Daniel Craig, Meryl Streep and Kate Winslet have all just wished me luck for my nomination tonight. This is so surreal. I am sat here in this beautiful dress with a gorgeous man sat besides me. Never in my wildest of dreams would I ever have believed this would be happening." Zoe replied.

"You deserve every moment of this" Richard replied lifting her hand and placing a kiss on it. "I love you."

Once everyone was seated the awards started and then the award presentations began. By the time they got to best original song Zoe thought she was going to throw up.

"Good luck" Richard whispered as Gerard Butler began reading out the nominations on the stage.

"And the winner is" Gerard announced. There was a slight pause for dramatic effect and Zoe really thought she was going to throw up. "Zoe Dillon and Glow from the movie Beyond!"

Zoe sat their stunned. She felt Richard leap up in the seat beside her pulling her to her feet and into a hug. "Congratulations love".

Zoe followed Oliver up to the stage to collect their award together. As Oliver accepted the award from Gerard he turned to Zoe and handed it to her. "This is yours. You deserve every moment of this." He then stood back and directed for Zoe to approach the microphone and make the speech.

"Wow," Zoe started as she found her voice. "I don't even know where to start. This is just crazy. My very first song has just won a Golden Globe!"

She heard the audience laugh around her.

"I guess I have a lot of Thank you's to make for this opportunity. I have to thank Oliver for writing this beautiful song and the producers and Michael for giving me the chance to sing it to them that day in London. I have to thank Kit and Rose for everything they have done for me and for all their encouragement, I love both you guys. And finally I have to thank you Richard."

Zoe found Richard our in the audience and spoke directly to him.

"I have to thank you for saving me. For finding me and for showing me just what I am capable of. Without you I would not be stood here on this stage right now. I love you."

She heard the audience begin to applaud but she had one last thing to do. She slowly raised her hand slightly and the applause stopped.

"I promise now this is the last thing and then I will leave." She said as she heard to audience laugh.

"I would also just like to honour this award to my brother Daniel. I hope you are enjoying this moment just as much as I up their in heaven."

The applause around here was huge as everyone got to their feet and applauded her. She felt Oliver at her side and she followed Gerard off the stage.

As she stepped of the stage she is swept into Richard's arms who had run backstage to meet her.

"That was beautiful, you are beautiful" he whispered as he kissed her. She didn't have much of a chance to respond to Richard before she was being pulled away for a photoshoot with her award.

The rest of the evening goes in a blur she manages to watch some of the remaining awards be presented following her photoshoot before she is led off with Richard and the team to an after party somewhere in Beverley Hills. Glasses of champagne are handed to her all evening and she begins to feel herself get more and more drunk. By two in the morning she is barely able to stand so Richard helps her out to a car and they both head back to their hotel room.

In the back of the car Zoe pulls her heels off and rests her head on Richard's shoulder.

"What an amazing night it has been" she says as she closes her eyes.

"It truly has my love and it may not be your last night of triumph yet" Richard replied placing a kiss on her forehead.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"The Golden Globes are only the first awards of the season. I have every confidence in you that this won't be the last award you win tonight." Richard replied.

Once they reached the hotel she linked arms with Richard and he helped lead her to their hotel room. As the door closed behind them Richard pulled Zoe into his embrace and passionately kissed her. He pulled his jacket off letting it fall to the floor before reaching round for the zip of Zoe's dress. As he pushed the strap on one shoulder off it fell to the ground leaving Zoe stood before him in white lingerie. Their evening was not over quite yet.