Chapter Twenty

They had been back home from Scotland for 3 days now. Zoe had been in the kitchen making her and Richard a coffee when she had heard a text come through on her phone. She began to read the text and then dropped her phone as she stared across the kitchen at Richard.

"Are you alright love" Richard asked as she heard the noise and turned around. Stood before him was Zoe her mouth wide open.

"I need a drink" she said as she walked over to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of wine before taking a sip. Richard walked up behind her and picked the phone up she had dropped. He looked at the screen to see she had received a text from Oliver to let her know she had been nominated for Best Original Song at the Golden Globes.

"You have been nominated for a Golden Globe? That's amazing!" Richard screamed running across to Zoe pulling her into his arms the glass of wine she had in her hand being poured over them both.

"I just can't believe it!" Zoe stuttered. "Me nominated for a golden globe!"

"You have the most amazing voice in the world, you truely deserve this" Richard said before pulling her in for a passionate kiss. As he pulled away he looked at Zoe. "Have you ever been to America before?"

"No, never been further than France before." Zoe replied.

"That's sorted then we will fly out a few days before and I'll show you around Los Angeles" Richard said smiling.

"That sounds amazing" Zoe replied.

***

Three days later Zoe found herself sat in a chair having her hair and make up done at at television studios. Following her Golden Globe Nomination Good Morning Britain has contacted her asking if she would appear and do an interview. Reluctantly she had agreed mainly as if she wanted to create a career in music she would have to get used to doing appearances like this. Richard had meetings all morning but before the car had arrived to pick Zoe up to take her to the studio he had wished her the best of luck. During a commercial break she was led out into the studio by an assistant and met Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid the presenters. Before she knew it the director was counting down and Piers began talking to the cameras again.

"As you will all remember before Christmas a song hit our charts and took the world by storm. Glow has sold two billion copies to date with the figure continuing to rise day by day. Today we are joined by the voice behind that song Zoe Dillon."

Zoe watched as one of the cameras panned around onto herself.

"Thanks for having me" Zoe said trying to imagine that she was just having a friendly chat with friends rather than being on live TV.

"Now we have all heard Glow" Susanna started "and we all have to agree how unbelievably beautiful it is. Tell us the story of how you came to be involved."

"Well it's all a bit of a whirlwind really." Zoe started. "I guess it all first started when I ran out into the road in a hurry and was hit by Richard's car."

"Is this Richard Madden Of Game of Thrones fame?" Piers interrupted. Zoe noticed on a screen out the corner of her eyes showing what must being going out to the public live a picture of Richard as Robb Stark popped onto the screen.

"Yes Richard Madden" Zoe continued hoping he wouldn't interrupt her again. "Well we then struck up a friendship"

"Aren't you in a relationship now with Richard Madden?" Piers interrupted again.

"Yes we are now" Zoe continued trying to bite her tongue. "Richard then heard me sing one day and managed to get me an audition for Glow and the rest is history really."