Chapter Twenty Six

A week following their first baby scan Zoe and Richard were back in Los Angeles for the Oscars. Glow had been nominated for Best Song. Zoe had also been asked to perform at the Oscars too, this time with Oliver accompanying her on stage to play the piano. Richard and Zoe had decided to keep the news of their baby quiet for now but Zoe knew she would have to tell Oliver and Sony soon as it could all effect her recording contract as the baby would be due around the time that they were thinking of arranging the tour for Zoe.

Once their stylist had helped to get them ready for the ceremony they left the hotel giving Zoe and Richard a moment alone before their driver would arrive. Zoe had been provided a pale pink dress for the occasion whilst Richard was once again in a tuxedo.

This time her performance with Oliver was going to be more of a surprise for the audience so she would only be wearing the one gown all evening and at a prearranged time during the ceremony a piano would be brought out onto the stage and Zoe and O...

This time her performance with Oliver was going to be more of a surprise for the audience so she would only be wearing the one gown all evening and at a prearranged time during the ceremony a piano would be brought out onto the stage and Zoe and Oliver would leave their seats from the audience and walk up onto the stage and make their performance.

"Are you sure you are going to be ok tonight?" Richard asked as he pulled his girlfriend into his arms.

"I will be fine, please don't worry about me. I am barely a month pregnant anyway. There is still plenty more time to worry about me." Zoe replied placing a kiss on Richard's lips.

"Believe me I will worry every day" Richard replied.

They made their way out to their car that was waiting outside and it wasn't long till they were at the end of the red carpet for the Oscars.

"This still amazes me now every time I come to one of these. The fact I am even nominated for an award" Zoe said as Richard helped her step out of the car.

Richard and Zoe were met by the cries of hundreds of fans calling their names at the side of the red carpet. They both walked over and started making their way along the row of fans signing autographs and taking pictures with fans. Once they got past the fans they were met by the media who called them over for interviews and then the paparazzi. By the time they eventually made it into the hall Zoe was ready for a sit down.

"Zoe, Richard, over here" Oliver shouted calling them over to where himself, Michael and Tom Hiddleston were stood. Oliver offered Zoe a glass of champagne but Zoe refused it saying she wanted to keep a clear head for their performance. She just hoped they wouldn't begin to notice that she wasn't drinking an alcohol at all. They all made their way into the theatre and found their seats. Zoe and Oliver were sat at the end of a row for them to be easily able to get up when it was time for their performance.

The ceremony began and after about an hour in the lights went down in the hall and this was their cue. They both stood up and made their way down the aisle to the stage whilst a piano and a microphone were pushed out from backstage. Oliver took his position on the piano stool and Zoe stood before the microphone. The lights came back up and the audience applauded at the sight before them and Oliver began to play. At her cue Zoe then began to sing.

Following their performance they received a standing ovation from the entire audience and they made their way back to their seats again.

"That was just superb like always" Richard said pulling Zoe into a kiss as she reached her seat again.

"Amazing Zoe and Oliver" Tom said "you are both quite a good double act." Zoe turned to Oliver and grinned.

Before long Helena Bonham Carter made her way onto the stage.

"We have heard some wonderful music across the last year within the movies so let's see what the nominations are for best song."

Zoe grabbed Richard and Oliver's hands as the nominations were read out. Surely they couldn't win three out of three. This success had to end at some point.

Helena held and envelope out in front of her.

"The winner is.... Glow from the film Beyond by Zoe Dillon." Helena announced.

Zoe couldn't believe it. They had done it. Three out of three. She felt Richard and Oliver pulling her to her feet and each throwing their arms around her in a hug. She then felt Michael and Tom giving her a hug before Oliver took her hand and was leading her up to the stage to accept the award. Helena gave them both a hug as they arrived on stage and handed Zoe the award. She stared down and the golden statue in her hands in disbelief. Oliver walked forward towards the microphone.

"Wow this still comes as just a big a shock each time. We are both so honoured to receive this award and just want to thank everyone who has helped us get it to be as successful as it has been. You all know who you are. Wow I really just can't find the words. Thank you!"

They both made their way off the stage and back to their seats where they both collapsed in shock.

"I really wasn't expecting us to win that one" Zoe said to Oliver. "Thought it would be too good to be true to win three out of three."

"You have the best voice I have heard in a long time. I had every faith in you" Oliver replied grinning.