Chapter Twenty Three

Zoe woke up in the hotel room the following morning and her head hurt. As she tried to adjust her eyes to the light she tried to remember just how many drinks she had had last night. That wasn't like her at all, then as her eyes began to focus more she saw it, the Golden Globe that she had won last night sat on her side table. Wow that really was going to take a while to sink in.

Her phone which was also in the side table beside her award began to ring. As she reach across to pick it up she heard Richard begin to stir besides her.

"Hello" she said realising her voice was a little horse.

"Good morning Zoe, are we a little worse for wear today?" Oliver laughed down the phone.

"Yeah you could say that" Zoe chuckled before stopping quickly. That really didn't help the hangover.

"I'm wouldn't have called to disturb you so early only I have some news" Oliver started. "I have received the nominations from BAFTA and we have been nominated for the award Best Sound."

Zoe sat upright in bed quickly and then quickly regretted it.

"You are joking!" Zoe said rubbing her forehead.

"I'm not and that's not the only reason when I am calling this morning. I have also received a phone call from BAFTA. They have asked if you will preform the song to open the ceremony" Oliver continued.

"But I have never actually sang live before" Zoe said the panic setting in. "I have only ever sang in the studio before."

"That is why I told them I would have to talk to you first. Go away and think about it and then come back to me. I don't need your answer till next week" Oliver replied.

They ended their call and the Zoe turned to Richard who was also sat up in bed now.

"Are you alright love?" He asked.

"I have been nominated for a BAFTA" Zoe started.

"Congratulations!" Richard said leaning forward to place a kiss of Zoe's lips.

"That wasn't all though" Zoe continued. "BAFTA have asked if I will preform the song at the ceremony."

"Wow that is an amazing opportunity" Richard said smiling at Zoe.

"It's just I have never preformed live in front of an audience before and it terrifies me" Zoe replied.

Richard pulled Zoe forward into his arms. "I have every faith in you being amazing live on stage but the choice is yours. If you do choose to do it you will be provided with plenty of training."

"Ok if I do it, promise me that you will be there sat in the audience. I only think I can do it if you are there for me to focus on" Zoe said.

"I promise" Richard replied squeezing her hand.