Chapter Eleven

Zoe looked in the mirror at the outfit she had chosen

Zoe looked in the mirror at the outfit she had chosen. Was this outfit appropriate for an audition? They had been back to Zoe's house a couple of days ago and brought all her clothes and other belongings she wanted back with them so that she was now officially moved into Richard's house but as she had looked through all her clothes she really hadn't known what would be best for this audition. As though he had read her mind Richard comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist kissing her neck.

"You look gorgeous love" he said running his finger down her arm. "I just wish I could help you out of this dress."

Zoe blushed and slapped Richard's hand away laughing. "Now now we don't have time for that right now."

"That's a shame" Richard replied smirking.

Their car pulled up outside the Dorchester hotel and the door man stepped forward to open their door. Richard stepped out and then helped Zoe to her feet. As they walked into the foyer Zoe looked around at all the decor. It was beautiful. Never in her wildest of dreams would she ever have imagined herself being in a hotel like this.

"Michael let me know that they are in the Mayfair Suite" Richard said as he led her to the elevator.

As they arrived at the Mayfair suite Richard knocked and was greeted by a lady with blonde hair tied back into a bun.

"Ah Richard it's nice to see you again and you must be Zoe" she said turning her attention to Zoe shaking her hand.

"This is Rebecca, Michael's assistant" Richard said introducing Zoe.

"Everyone is just through here" Rebecca said as she stood back from the door. "Would you like to follow me?"

Zoe followed Rebecca into the room and was then let into another room which appeared to be the lounge of the suite. There were a couple of sofas on either side of the coffee table and each sofa was occupied.

"Ah you must be Zoe, we have heard so much about you" said a man in his late 40s as he stood up to kiss Zoe on the cheek. "I'm Michael Shaw the director, this here is Oliver Boston the composer of the song and these are Shannon Parr and Lewis Hunter the producers."

Zoe went around them all shaking their hands whilst Richard followed greeting them all like an old friend.

"Now I don't know how you would be most comfortable doing this" Oliver said to Zoe. "I have a rough recording of the song which you may want to listen to to get to know the song and then here are the lyrics."

Zoe listened to the track a couple of times over getting to know the song before they asked if she was ready to sing. As she nodded her head she was terrified. What she had just heard was something like Celine Dion would sing and here she was about to probably murder it. She stood facing everyone the lyrics in her hand as the music track began to play.

Through nerves she missed her cue the first time round but Richard gave her a reassuring smile and she agreed to try again. This time she kept her eyes forward and hit every cue and every note. As the song ended she brought her gaze back to the people in the room.

Richard was smiling as he wiped a tear from his eye. He put his thumbs up to Zoe. Michael was beaming at her. The two producers Shannon and Lewis were both staring at her open mouthed whilst Oliver also seemed to have been crying.

"That is better than I could have ever imagined my song sounding" Oliver said as he rushed forward to hug Zoe. As he pulled away Michael was stood beside him.

"I think we have found our artist" he said his face beaming. Zoe stood there shocked. They really wanted her to sing the main song for their film?

Richard rushes forward pulling Zoe into a kiss.

"See you are amazing" he said enthusiastically as he held her face in her hands. "That was simply stunning." The rest of the meeting went in a blur. Through shock and not really understanding the film procedure she let Richard discuss the final details with the team on her behalf. As they agreed the figure she would be paid she couldn't believe it. She had never dreamed of owning that much money and then she would receive some royalties on top of that once the song was released. Due to the urgency they did need for Zoe to go to the studios to record the song next week so it could be ready to include within the film ready for release day. Then in a months time the film promotion would start. Although she wouldn't be directly involved in the promotion of the film she was invited to the premiere. Richard would be heavily involved in the promotion with already being booked in for many interviews. 

As they left the hotel an hour later Richard turned to Zoe.

"So do you think you are going to quit that marketing job now?" Richard asked.

"Yes I think so" Zoe replied a broad grin across her face. A smile that wouldn't be leaving for a long time.

"Tonight we celebrate" Richard said as he picked Zoe up and spun her around in his arms. As he put Zoe back down on the floor he continued "Am I ok to invite Kit and Rose?"

"Of course" Zoe replied.