Chapter Thirteen

The day had arrived where Zoe would be recording Glow at the studio. It was also going to be the first day she would spend time apart from Richard since they had met.

"I'm so sorry love that I can't come with you on this special day" Richard said as they both got dressed that morning.

"Richard please don't worry about it. You have your own work to do and it probably would have been a pretty boring day for you in the studio" Zoe replied.

Richard had a photoshoot to go to in a hotel for the promotion of Beyond which had been booked into his calendar for months. It would be with all his co-stars and there was nothing they could really do to change it.

"I would have just liked to have been able to hear that voice of yours again" Richard's said sighing as he brushed Zoe hair away from her face with his hands. "Plus it's at Abbey Road studios, I would love to see that place! Legends have recorded there."

"Don't remind me" Zoe laughed, "I am nervous enough without the thought that I will have recorded a song in the same studio as the Beatles."

They both had breakfast together before leaving the house together but Richard heading to the Savoy Hotel and Zoe towards Abbey Road.

Half an hour later after her journey on the tube Zoe arrived at the studio and was greeted by Oliver.

"Zoe it's so great to see you again" Oliver said giving Zoe a hug.

"You too Oliver" Zoe replied.

"How are you feeling about today?" Oliver asked.

"I'm so nervous" Zoe confessed.

"Try not to be" Oliver reassured her and don't worry we can keep recording as long as you like until you are completely satisfied with it. Just try to think of it as having fun in the shower singing."

They both laughed and Oliver led Zoe through to the studio where she would be recording and introduced to other members of the team.

They did recordings all morning, giving Zoe regular breaks to rest her voice. Each time they listened to the latest recording Zoe would find something she didn't like about it and they would all agree to try again. As they reached midday Oliver suggested that they all should have a break and order some food in.

Whilst some of the team organised food and drinks for everyone Zoe checked her phone for the first time that day to find she had a couple of texts. The first one was from Rose:

"Kit and I are thinking about you today and wish you all the luck recording xxx"

The second message was from Richard:

"Missing you today love but I know you will be totally smashing it in the studio. Love you xxx"

Zoe sent them both quick messages back before joining rest of the team to eat.

"How are you feeling about it all now" Oliver asked as they ate.

"Each time we do it I can hear it's getting better" Zoe replied. "I can hear my confidence growing in my voice."

"That is what I was just telling John" Oliver replied. "I think a couple more times after lunch and we may have just cracked it."

After lunch Zoe returned to the recording booth to run through the song again. As she sang she could feel something different within her this time. There was some sort of power within her that was giving her all sorts of confidence as she could hear that in her voice as she sang. As she finished the last note of the song she looked up through the screen to all the team. They were all stood staring at her open mouthed.