Chapter Fifteen

It had been two weeks since Zoe had recorded Glow at Abbey Road studios and she was sat in the bedroom drying her hair after having a shower when her phone began to ring. She could see that it was Kit.

"Hey Kit and what can I do for you today?" Zoe asked putting her phone on loud speaker so she could brush through her hair with her free hands.

"Are you listening to the radio?" Kit asked urgently.

"No I never really listen to the radio, why?" Zoe asked confused by Kit's question.

"I really think you should right now, listen to radio one" Kit said before saying his goodbyes and hanging up.

Confused Zoe loaded up the radio app on her phone and selected radio 1. There was a song playing at the moment which she was pretty sure was Ariana Grande. As the song came to an end the radio DJ began to talk.

"Now that was Ariana Grande at number three in this weeks official top 40. Now we have two songs left and two spaces to fill so who will be number one? Will it be George Ezra or will it be Zoe Dillon?"

Zoe froze and then realised why Kit had asked her to put the radio on. Her song was at least at number two in the charts. When Glow has been released this week she hadn't even though to follow it in the charts and she hadn't even thought it would get anywhere near the charts never mind this high. She sat frozen as she waited for the DJ to continue.

"So at number two this week we have George Ezra!" The DJ said.

Zoe screamed as the song by George Ezra began to play. She heard someone come running up the stairs and then Richard flew into the room.

"Are you okay" he asked panic across his face. By now tears of happiness were streaming down Zoe's face.

"Glow is number one!" Zoe screamed again running over to Richard throwing her arms around him.

"Congratulations love, that is amazing!" Richard said as he held her face in his hands and kissed her deeply on the lips.

The both sat next to each other on the end of the bed holding each other whilst they waited for George Ezra to finish and the DJ to start talking again.

"So that was George Ezra, this weeks number two in the official charts. So that just leaves this weeks number one, the one you have all been waiting for, Zoe Dillon with Glow!"

As the song began her phone began to ring again and shortly after Richard's too.

"Congratulations Zoe" Oliver said as she answered the phone. The whole team here are so proud of what you have done.

"Thank you so much Oliver but I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without your beautiful song you allowed me to sing." Zoe replied.

"Believe me Zoe, with your voice you can sing any of my songs with pleasure, now you go and make sure you celebrate you deserve it" Oliver replied.

Zoe ended her call and looked to Richard who was just ending his call.

"That was Kit" he said. "Kit and Rose are on their way round now with champagne."