Chapter Twelve

Richard welcomed Kit and Rose through the door and they all joined Zoe in the living room.

"So what's the plan for tonight then Miss Dillon?" Kit asked.

"I really don't know" Zoe replied looking around at the three of them.

"It's your night to celebrate, what would you like to do?" Richard asked.

"We can book a table somewhere in the city or go to a bar somewhere" Rose suggested.

Zoe had a sudden thought. "You know how I have led a pretty sheltered life these last few years? Can we just do something fun?" She asked.

"What would you have in mind then?" Kit asked.

"I'm going to sound like such a child but could be go bowling or cinema or something like that. Now that I am not caring for Daniel, I would just like to do something of the things I have missed over the last few years" Zoe replied.

"That sounds like a great idea" Richard said. "There is an entertainment complex about ten minutes drive from here with a bowling alley, miniature golf and various restaurants."

"That sounds perfect" Zoe replied.

"I love the idea" Kit said.

"Me too" Rose replied "can't say I have had an evening like this is a while."

"That's sorted then" Zoe replied grinning.

"One thing though" Rose said pointing to the dress she had chosen to wear this evening. "I was expecting to be going to a bar or restaurant this evening so I may be a little overdressed."

"I think we all are" Richard laughed looking at the suits Kit and himself were wearing.

"That's not a problem" Zoe smiled. "I can find you something to wear and I'm sure Richard can lend Kit something."

Twenty minutes later after they had all changed into something a little more relaxed and climbed into a taxi Richard had ordered they arrived at the complex.

"So shall we grab some food first and then head to the bowling alley?" Kit asked.

"That sounds like a great idea?" Rose replied. "Where would you like to eat?"

"That American Barbecue grill over there sounds good" Zoe said pointing to the restaurant that had caught her eye.

"Barbecue it is then" Richard replied as he took Zoe's hand in his own and they made their way over.

Once they were settled into their booth a waiter came over and took their drinks order, Richard and Kit both choosing a beer whilst Rose and Zoe both chose cocktails.

"Here's to friendship" Zoe said holding her glass up to the others once their drinks had arrived.

"True friendship" Rose chipped in.

"True friendship" they all chorused raising their glasses.

"Why does all the food sound so amazing?" Zoe asked as she looked through the menu.

After a few more minutes looking through the menu they were all able to choose. Richard went for steak, Rose the barbecue chicken whilst Kit and Zoe both chose burgers. As the waiter walked away to place their order Kit turned to Zoe.

"So come on tell us exactly what happened today."

Zoe and Richard both recited what had happened at Zoe's audition.

"You should have heard her, she sounded amazing" Richard said.

"I can't wait" Rose said excitedly.

"It really is a beautiful song and I can't believe I get to record it, but as soon as I can get you a copy I will be sure to give it to you both" Zoe said excitedly.

"When do you get to record it?" Kit asked.

"Next week" Zoe replied. "They really are on a short timescale now so they need me to record it as soon as possible."

Once they had finished their meals they all headed over to the bowling alley and booked a lane for the four of them. As they walked over to their allocated lane Zoe couldn't help but notice that they were starting to attract a lot of attention from others around them.

"I think there are a few Game of Thrones fans in here this evening" Zoe said to Richard and she was right. No sooner had the words left her lips than a crown of people surrounded the four of them asking for photographs and autographs. Zoe stepped back whilst Richard, Kit and Rose kindly obliged for a few minutes before Kit politely said.

"Thank you for all your support guys and we can't wait to see your reaction to the new season."

The three of them backed away rejoining Zoe and took their seats at their lane. The fans seemed to respect this and all went back to their own places.

"Wow is that what it is like for you guys?" Zoe asked.

"We can usually go about unnoticed" Rose said "but I guess three of us together attracts more attention."

Kit entered all their names into the computer whilst everyone else changed into their bowling shoes they had been provided.

"Your up first Zoe" Kit said.

Zoe stood up and found the right bowling ball and headed to the lane. She rolled the ball down and got a strike.

"So when exactly did you last do this?" Richard asked raising an eyebrow.

"Not for over 5 years but I may I forgotten to mention I used to be really good" Zoe replied giving Richard a sly smile.

"From the looks of it you still are really good" Rose replied as the stepped up to take her turn.

By halfway through the game Zoe was leading by a mile.

"This is so unfair that you are so good" Kit moaned as Zoe stood to take her next go. What she didn't notice is the wink Richard then gave Kit. She walked towards the lane and without her knowing Richard crept up behind her and as she went to throw the ball Richard picked her up around her waist and into the air. Zoe screamed and ended up throwing the ball into the gutter.

"Now that's not fair" Zoe pouted as the other three laughed around her.

"Just trying to even up the scores a little" Richard said giving Zoe a kiss on the forehead.

Once they had finished their game which Zoe won, they all headed outside and waited for a taxi they ordered to take them back to Richard's house.

"Do you want to stay over?" Richard asked Kit and Rose as the taxi left the complex. "The spare room is all set up?"

"That would be lovely" Rose replied.

As they pulled up outside the house Zoe felt herself yawning.

"I think it's time we got you to bed, you have had quite a day today" Richard said as he helped Zoe out of the taxi. Once inside the house they all headed upstairs and into their rooms for the night.