-Cherished Petal-

- Not edited written at 2am so it's probably like o.k.-

Although Moonbin's explanation for why he wanted Seungkwan was stated, it still left questions lingering in Eunwoo's head, things that didn't seem to be completely clear to him.

"But... why him?" Eunwoo asked, his eyes shifted away from Moonbin's as he spoke quietly, "Why does it have to be Seungkwan... because if it has to do with the kingdom, the king was willing to get you some other pitiful soul."

"Well isn't it obvious," Moonbin pouted his lips tilting his head to the side, "He's different."

Eunwoo, furrowed his eyebrows staring off at the chair leg at the side of him, as he mumbled, "...How."

"His core silly," Moonbin chuckled as if it was obvious, patting Eunwoo on the chest.

"I don't get it, he seems like any other normal soul, when beaten down they turn frail and become submissive to power, he's nothing different than a person being abused by their partner, broken down and weak," Eunwoo said harshly, not daring to look at Moonbin's face as he spoke his truth.

"That's just what he lets you see," Moonbin said simply, "But if you saw what I saw when looking at his core right now, you would understand he's nothing of what you speak of, he's much stronger than that."

I truly don't believe for a second that, that Alucomous's core is fine after everything we've witnessed, you can just tell by the way he moves that his ongoing fear and suffering are nothing but genuine and by the way the human speaks that what he holds onto in that little creature is real, those two are bonded by their broken souls and their blood is mixed into one.

But...

Eunwoo glanced over at Moonbin who now had his eyes closed, his mind drifted off elsewhere.

Moonbin is the one who entered his mind and visited his core, so only he really knows what Seungkwan's true desires are, and only he can determine whether the boy's core is really shattered or not.

Maybe that little Alucamous prince is just acting... but for what cost... no, for what gain, what does the Alucamous get for marrying the human king or for putting on this show... sure maybe this kingdom... but then again he has the Parallel to rule why rule here in this dump.

Why put himself through this torture just to be locked up in the chains of someone who will be the reason for his own demise?

What exactly are those two gaining from being together?  

Does Seungkwan truly love Vernon, does Vernon truly love Seungkwan. 

What is it that they want from each other that they both can't say out loud.

What are those two hiding?

Eunwoo squinted his eyes at Moonbin.

What are you hiding?

"I have a plan," Moonbin let out, a small smile curling on his lips.

"What is it," Eunwoo asked, looking down at him with eyes of suspicion.

"I can't tell you just yet, we're going to have to wait a few weeks, maybe months, all I know is that we won't be leaving before the first snowfall," Moonbin stated, placing his hands on his chest, smiling devilishly to himself, his eyes still closed.

"Prince... you can't be serious-"

"Eunwoo, trust me," Moonbin turned his stare back to Eunwoo, his eyes blazed with evil intent, "This will work."