-The Way It Was-

"Anything?" Klaus smirked. He put his hand to his lips and licked the taste of metal crimson that had soaked his fingers.

"Isn't that what I just said!" Seungkwan yelled. His eyes wide and shaking. He could feel the flow and thump of Vernon's veins slowing.

Klaus snickered and licked his thumb before he put the stub on the boy's gushing neck and swiping it across. Quickly the skin started to stick together and merge into one.

"This will only do for this moment, I'll be right back." Klaus got up from the floor. Seungkwan could only see Klaus's black shoes beside the body step back and when he went to look the butler was already gone.

Seungkwan took a shaky breath in and closed his eyes, as he tried to unscramble his mind.

What just happened. Really. What the hell just happened?

Seungkwan put his hand to his head and let out a small sigh. He felt faint and was flashing between utterly cold and blazing hot.

"Bloody, why get worked up over this fellow." Seungkwan mumbled as he opened his eyes again and stared down at the pale corpse-like boy in front of him.

"Just what is going on here?" Seungkwan rested Vernon's head to the floor and got up. He started to unhook the back straps of the now bloodied dress.

"It's you're fault... y-you did this to me... you made me love you... it's your fault I'm a mess..."

"Can once in your entire life... can you not be selfish."

Although the words had been said only moments ago, they still ran circles around his head. They jumped into small black pits in his mind and left a sticky gum of memory where everything significant should be.

The boys words. They were true. Not an ounce of mistake there. Seungkwan could feel the immense gush of emotion filling the room and making it a bitter scent, an unpleasing taste.

That must mean he was involved with this being. Seungkwan imagines he is a being because his lash out had no effect on him thus he was not one of his kind.

Seungkwan was in fact romantically involved. He could understand that. He also knew that this romance was somewhat passionate. Maybe too passionate. Seungkwan glared down at the boys fallen body.

"He said I had abandoned him. Just what does he mean?" Seungkwan thought. He put his hand to his chin. "Was he not surrounded by guests just moments before. All said they were friends. Surely he is not alone. Perhaps my memories have disappeared but I'm most definitely here."

Did I love him? Was the question. Seungkwan was not sure. What the boy had said, it seemed as though Seungkwan never did. But the way his heart ached for the boy just now, it could mean otherwise. I did say he was special to me. He seems to be...

"Ugh, what does it matter." Seungkwan brushed his hand through his lemon pink locks. "First I should find out where I am."

"You're in Crimsonvain of course, your highness," the butler, had come back. He had a jar in his hand this time. A jar with a thick red substance in it.

"Crimsonvain?" Seungkwan's eyes sparkled. He was slightly relieved. "I'm still close to my kingdom then. It's just a three day trip with horse and carriage. How splendid."

Klaus smirked and he twisted the cap of the jar and dipped his hand in, smudging the substance.

"I'm sure I can contact Crimsonvains royal family, the King and Queen are quite close with my parents, their son is quite a catch as well." Seungkwan smiled to himself. "Similar to I, he was kept locked away and hidden from the eyes of the outside world."