-Language of Flowers-

Vernon sat back in the tub of warm water, sitting in-between his legs was Seungkwan his body could be seen through the clearness of the water, the sparkling of his skin being the main attraction.

Vernon almost forgot about how nice it was to bathe with his beloved; to feel his normally soft skin damp and plush, to hear the soothing sound of his peaceful humming, and to smell the intoxicating fragrance of his rose scent that consumed the bathwater.

Vernon leaned into the swirl at the top of Seungkwan's head and smelt the scent with ease. His body feeling warm and at comfort at the boy's natural aroma.

The brunette realized something a while back, during the many agonizing times when Junhui and Minghao released their scent on him, and that was that each of them had a unique smell.

Junhui's smelled of Violets and Minghao's of Daffodils.

Seungkwan's special fragrance being rose.

The flower fragrance was easy to point out for Vernon since his nose was trained to be able to tell a tulip from a dandelion, in the case that he might be traveling through the forest and happen upon a white rose, which he was deathly allergic to.

Seungkwan's was very close to the scent of a white rose, which smelled more citrus than flower, but at the same time, it still screamed rose to anyone that dared get close to it.

But only recently had it started smelling like a white rose. So it made Vernon quite curious as to what it all meant. Why the scent would so suddenly change.

"Hey," Vernon suddenly spoke up, causing Seungkwan to jump slightly in surprise.

"Y-yes," Seungkwan mumbled, in his hands, he held a wooden duck toy.

"I have been wondering this for a while...but," Vernon pushed his arms around Seungkwan's abdomen and held him close, "Do all Asmo's carry the scent of a specific flower and over time can it change?"

Seungkwan furrowed his eyebrows and pushed the wooden duck underwater, "...are you asking this because my scent isn't good to you anymore?"

"Huh!" Vernon shook his head pulling the pouting boy closer to him and cuddling his head into the pink top of Seungkwan's, "No, your scent is my favorite, I was just curious is all..."

Seungkwan smiled hearing Vernon's words of panic, "Well if that's the case... yes and yes."

"Our scents are all different, and they all smell identical to the flower they are replicating, whether the flower is dead, healthy, dying, blooming, our scent will replicate just that," Seungkwan explained, lifting the duck up from the water, "the smells can change, but the flower itself won't, my scent will always be mine-"

"Well..."

"Unless..." Seungkwan slumped down.

"Unless what?" Vernon asked, his eyes furrowing.

"There are rare cases where an Asmo will lose their scent, but that only happens if they're dying or..." Seungkwan looked down at the wooden duck with sad eyes, "If another's flower's scent becomes more powerful than theirs."

"Huh, what does that mean?" Vernon asked, tilted his head down to the boy, his eyes watching the way Seungkwan fumbled with the wooden toy.

"Like a pregnant Asmo..." Seungkwan furrowed his eyebrows, his eyes suddenly got glossy, "Sometimes the child's scent will mix with the parents and sometimes, it will block out their scent completely..."

Seungkwan quickly wiped away the tears that rolled down his cheeks, trying to put himself back together, "That of course, is temporary, once the baby comes out their scent goes back to normal."

"Wow, that's quite incredible," Vernon leaned back his face filled with amazement, "I guess you'd be able to tell right away when a woman was pregnant huh?"

"Women..." Seungkwan raised his brows, for a second he forgot Vernon didn't know, "Y-yeah I guess..."

"So," Vernon grabbed Seungkwan by the arms, making the boy jump again, "What about the scents themselves, do they have any meaning, is it in connection to your family or is it just random?

"Well..." Seungkwan pushed the wooden duck up and placed it on Vernon's knee, a small smile formed on his lips as he watched the toy balance steadily on the curvy surface, "I guess it is as they say... 'the language of flowers.'"

"Language of flowers?" Vernon repeated in confusion.

"Yeah, each scent represents either a trait or a desire of the owner," Seungkwan explained, "For example me, I've been told I smell like-"

"Roses?" Vernon asked, his head perking up with confidence.

Seungkwan snickered and nodded happily, "Yeah, red roses and in the language of flowers, my flower represents love and everything that comes with it, it's everything I've ever desired."

"Oh, and Junhui's is Violets which represents loyalty, innocents, and modesty," Seungkwan explained a small smile plastered his face, "Which represents him quite well in my opinion."

"Ya, it does," Vernon agreed.

"What about Minghao?" Vernon asked, tilting his head like a puppy dog, "His is Daffodils right?"

"Wha-"

"Why do you know that?" Seungkwan furrowed his eyebrows and turned his head to Vernon, knocking off the duck as he shifted.

"Oh, no, I, it's-"

"Haha kidding," Seungkwan giggled and turned around before telling him, "Rebirth, eternal life, and my favorite, unrequited love!"

"Wow," Vernon snickered with venom laced through the sound, "that's awfully tragic, not only does he have to live forever but he'll never find love,"

"Well, not particularly," Seungkwan leaned back in comfort, "The Daffodil is the flower that can only bloom on its own, when put in a vase with others it will kill them with its venomous stems."

"Meaning, Minghao can love whoever he wishes, but he's doomed to always be alone because of his destructive nature," Seungkwan turned his head to Vernon again, a small devilish smile with flushed pink cheeks showed itself to the taller boy, "Get~ it?"

"Awe," Vernon smiled and leaned down kissing Seungkwan's lips softly, "Got it."

"So," Seungkwan turned around again in the tub, his cheeks a bright red, "Why did you want to know anyway?"

"Because recently your scent has changed a bit," Vernon explained, "Normally it's the rich scent of red roses... but recently it's been smelling similar to a white rose."

Seungkwan's eyes widened hearing that, "I-is that so?"

"Yeah but, I guess color isn't much of a big deal huh?" Vernon chuckled, "A rose is a rose."

Seungkwan put his hand to his mouth, his index fingernail between his teeth, his heart suddenly starting to race in his chest, "Ya... a rose is a rose."

-

We both want the same thing dear readers.

Oh, but I'm very indecisive so I'm not sure what I want is what I want.

Sorry?

Vote♡
Comment☆