Chapter 6

I was annoyed because of his sympathetic attitude. But still, I feel guilty for being rude to Ezekiel. I don't like him kissing me without my consent.

"Kim Aurora, Will you come with me later? It's Erik's birthday. We are all invited. Later in the evening, around six." The princes said to me while grabbing the books to carry.

When I went to college, I was busy with school.

"Where will that be held?" I ask.

"At the Makipot Resort."

I frowned because the land of Montenegro covers all the resorts. I hesitated to nod, especially since I wasn't sure if I would be allowed, especially after what had happened to me before.

Montenegro managed to imprison Domeng even though his wife begged. I remained silent and grateful for their help.

"I'm going to ask for permission, Ces. Because you already know. Grandma is too strict with me now."

"Aurora, Erik is the daughter of the councilor! So, we are safe there. Besides, I won't go if you don't go."

I sighed and took a deep breath. "Alright! I'll see you at the shed."

"Alright! I'll tell Maribel too."

At three o'clock in the afternoon, I went straight home. I caught up with my grandfather, who got water from the well.

It's six o'clock for our dinner. Grandpa and grandma were talking while eating. "Grandma, I'm leaving later. It's Erik's birthday."

"Erik? The son of Lando?"

"Yes, grandma. At the Makipot Resort. It's not dangerous there."

"Who are you with?" Grandfather asked.

"There are many of us. We will go home right after dinner."

"Berni, we should buy Aurora a cellphone."

I smiled at the teasing of the two. Happiness is found in someone who gives you joy and loves you, even without expensive material things, because love is the most powerful thing in this world. Money can't buy our happiness.

The light was bright in the cottage Erik rented. There was a video and a drink that surprised me. There is an area without lights. The wind from the sea is blowing violently.

I hugged myself when the chilly wind caressed my skin.

"It's good you're here," Erik said with a drink. "There's food there. Besides, I'm sorry if someone's drinking. Don't pay attention."

"Happy birthday! It's okay! We meant the food." Maribel, whom I reprimanded immediately.

"Alright! Just eat!"

I noticed that there were not our classmates.

Princes elbowed me and pointed to a table occupied by men. "They look at you! You're their type."

I frowned and shook my head. "We'll just eat and go home. Grandma and grandpa will scold me if I take too long."

They both nodded. The plan to eat and go home came to naught. The song and conversation entertained my two friends.

Lora handed us a bottle of The Bar, and it was pink. "That's delicious. Strawberry flavor."

I immediately shook my head. "I don't drink."

"Alright, let's try it. I've had a drink before, but it was too much."

"That's cheap! Come on. We are colleges. We still have many parties to go to. Drinking is natural, so you have to get used to it."