Chapter 10

I wake up early to avoid someone. Last night, I could hardly sleep in the room. Now the problem is how to avoid them both.

This is so hard. This is what I don't want. Manuel and I have no confirmation. Ezekiel is a flirt. He's engaged. I should avoid him. I've always avoided him because I've seen how he plays with the feelings of his women.

Their vacation in Manila is over, and here they are again.

My hair was still wet when I left the mansion. The driver wanted to take me, but I refused.

"If only I could help you, Aurora. I'll probably stop in the second semester because we're going to Manila.

"Huh? Why?" I said and put down the book I was holding.

"Sister and I will work there first. It's hard here. You know there are no men among us. We don't know anything about the Hacienda, so we have nothing to do with it."

"We will miss you, Maribel." They have been friends for several years. Princess is sad.

I immersed myself in school and activities. We were also given a thesis to do as a group. Of course, Maribel and Princess are my members.

I left school at four o'clock. I distracted myself there, sweeping and chatting with other teachers. I distracted myself because I knew that I would be reminded again of how completely orphaned I was when I returned to the mansion.

I took a deep breath and was out of the gate when I saw a familiar car.

Maribel and the Princes also stopped by my side. His eyes hypnotized me.

"That's Manuel, right?" Maribel said in disbelief.

I blinked.

"Y-Yes. Because something is needed, oh, come on! I'm going first. Bye!" Before they could say anything, I approached Manuel, who was sitting in front of his car.

As he got closer, he looked at my uniform. It was a dark blue skirt with a slit on the side.

He was quiet and still seemed angry with me. The door opened, and I immediately entered without saying a word.

The butterflies in my stomach and the pounding of my heart compete.

He locked my seat belt. "Did you leave early?" he asked.

"You're not supposed to deliver me."

"I'll take you. There is nothing wrong with that."

"How is it not wrong that you have a fiancée? Go ahead and answer."

He was silent, and I saw how his face darkened. "We are okay, but we are not getting married."

"Does she know?" I ask.

"Are you jealous, Aurora?" The corner of his lips lifted, so I dodged.

"I'm not jealous. You know I'm not strong enough to be stuck in something like that. You kiss me if you want. Suppose you look like we are in a relationship Manuel. Are we?" I grinned bitterly.

"I've lost my family. I'm alone. If I fall and get hurt, no one will help me but myself."

My eyes watered, and my voice trembled. I blinked my eyes to push back my tears.

He stops the car on the side suddenly. I gasped at what he did.

"Baby, look at me." His voice was soft and hoarse.

My chest heaved with uncontrollable sobs.

"I am making things alright. I am doing everything. I move slowly, so I don't hurt anyone. I know you're smart enough. That's why you don't like me because you're thinking."

I nodded and wiped away the runaway tears. "Wait for me. It will be fine soon."

I swallowed the lump inside my throat to ease my emotions. "I will wait, Manuel."

When he exited his car, I bent down and tightened my grip on the bag. Before Manuel could get close, I quickly left and entered the mansion.

I was relieved to see Chloe smiling and her mother next to her. Chloe doesn't have a father that much I know.

"Oh, Aurora! You are exactly right. We're having a snack. Come on!" Senyora Patricia said kindly to me.

I saw Ezekiel coming down the stairs.

"I'm still full, and I'm not dressed yet."

"Alright, Aurora. I brought a cake." Chloe says.

"Oh, Ezekiel! Are you going to Hacienda?" asked Señora Patricia.

"Yes, mom. Everything will be fine when we deliver to Manila."

"Alright, be careful."

We were all quiet when Manuel arrived. At the same time, Ezekiel came out of the door.

Senyora blinked and looked at me before looking back. "Ah! Let's go eat!"

Before I left, I couldn't miss Chloe's smile disappearing and looking at Manuel. She said something to Manuel, who shook his head before leaving.

The night came, and all the housekeepers here looked busy, so I asked the head of housekeepers.

"Mother Vilma, what's wrong?"

"It's good you go out. Here is what Senyora gave. Wear it. You guys have dinner later in the pool area."

"Is there a celebration?"

"I don't know. We don't have food. They say, "Ma'am, Chloe has something to say."

I nodded and opened the paper bag. I saw a baby pink dress inside.

I helped them prepare first.

If only grandfather and grandmother were here, they would surely be happy.

I was embarrassed while the helper praised me. Mother Vilma is fixing me up. "You can be an actress, Aurora. Besides, you have flawless skin. Your body curves are nice. You don't look like a first-year college student. You'll pass as a model!"

She combed my hair while I held the small mirror. They feast on me here in the kitchen!

"There! The neck and shoulders should appear. That will make the two brothers fall in love with you!"

My eyes widened, and I laughed. "N-No, oh! No."

There is a long table at the edge of the pool. It was full of food. Senyora, Chloe's mom, and Manuel are laughing. Ezekiel and Senyorito Juanito were talking on the other side.

They stopped when I arrived. Because of my shyness, I brought a box of food from the kitchen.

"A-Ah, this is menudo. I'll cook it."

Chloe applauded. "Wow! I'll taste that later. I'm starving!"

She held Manuel by the arm, whose attention was not on him but on me.

Ezekiel pulled the chair next to me and sat down. He didn't speak.

"How much is the sugar cane truck Ezekiel?" Senyorito Juanito started the conversation.

"It's three. We can dispatch them. That's a lot of money."

"Alright. It's good to learn. Give me a list of truck drivers when I get paid before I leave Manila tomorrow."

"Yes, dad."

"You Manuel? How's the company?"

"My five investors were successful before I came back here. They will invest and put their stock into our savings. This year our ratings will increase. Now I want to live with a company. I know we will spend more time here."

Senior grinned at Manuel and patted him on the shoulder even though he was on the other side.