chapter thirty two

r e c o r d  s h o p

L U K E

Recap:

"No, I don't think so. I feel like you deserve a lot more."

"What's considered a lot more?" She lifted her head off of his chest and looked up at him. He thought for a moment on what actually would be considered a lot more, or at least enough for his girl.

"Oh! I know! Wait here!"

She moved off of Luke, watching as he ran into the hall and disappeared, wondering what he was doing.

Present:

Luke arrived back in front of Hummingbird in less than a few minutes, holding something behind his back.

"So, my Hummingbird, you know that you are the best thing to ever happen to me. I mean, I was so sad before I met you. I honestly felt like nothing ever went right for me. I felt like I was just waiting for something, or someone, to come along and make me happy again. I was really giving up hope, but then you walked into my record shop. You just looked so pretty. You were sassy, but still had a shy side, and I loved that about you, so much. I noticed you immediately because of your music taste and you beauty, but your personality is more wonderful than those two combined.

"I know we haven't known each other for the longest time, but I can't picture my life without you. If you didn't know what I am about to ask in a few seconds, you might think I'm going to propose. Don't worry, I'm not going to yet. I just wanted to tell you how much of an impact you've made on my life. You're the sweetest girl, and you make me so happy everyday. I love you, Hummingbird."

He smiled as he watched his soon-to-be girl wipe happy tears from her face.

"I love you too, record boy. You-you mean so much to me. I just-I love you."

Grinning, he got down on one knee and held up a record. She couldn't tell whose it was, but it didn't matter at the moment. The only thing that mattered was Luke and the beautiful grin he had on his face as he asked her, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, Luke. Of course." She stood up from the couch, taking ahold of his arms and pulling him up with her.

"I love you," she whispered, looking into his eyes.

"I love you too, my bird."

His lips met hers in a beautiful crash, filling both of the voids in their hearts with the color of love.

Later that night, as they were laying on the couch together, Hummingbird laying on top of Luke, of course, she picked up the record and inspected it.

The title, written in a soft, neat, cursive, read Record Shop. Below that, was written To My Hummingbird, with All My Love x.

The beautiful cover was a black and white picture of the two laying together. A picture Luke had taken of them on one of their many lazy days.

Flipping it to the back, she realized that there were eleven songs on the record.

1. Old Scars/Future HeartsAll Time Low

2. SmithereensTwenty One Pilots

3. Comfortably NumbPink Floyd

4. Hello, I love youThe Doors

5. All The Small ThingsBlink-182

6. Goodbye AngelsRed Hot Chili Peppers

7. AgnesGlass Animals

8. About a GirlNirvana

9. Freakin' LoveFlora Cash

10. brokenlovelytheband

11. SalvationThe Strumbellas

☽☽☽