11

Darrion
Santana in MM

I woke up to my phone ringing. I groaned and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"What's poppin?" I said still half sleep.

"Goodmoring sunshine."

"Tezz why are you calling me in 8 in the morning?"

"I can't call my brother? Damn that kinda hurt my feelings."

"Tezz I'm not playing games this morning what do you want?"

"You think when twins grow up they realize one of them was a mistake?"

"Your point, get to it!" I was getting irritated.

"Granny called and said she needed to talk to us. Be at her house by 10."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I don't know but she said It was important."

"Ight see you then."

"Ight."

I hung up the phone. Granny was a sweet old lady that never bothered anybody. She would give you the clothes off her back and cook everything in the house for you. Don't get me wrong she'll whoop ya ass in a heart beat but she was a good hearted person.

I took a shower and handled my hygiene. I dressed simple. I had on a white and black Nike jogging suit with my all red huaraches.

Myah was still sleep and I didn't want to wake her. I know she's going to be pissed I left her by herself but this could be an emergency.

I locked the house up and was on my way to Grannys. I was on the highway in my all black hummer, listening to GlokkNine Leonardo da G9.

Just when I was about to get off on exit 45 I see Tezz to fast to furious ass speed in front of me. I could tell he was hot boxing from all the smoke coming out of the windows. One day ima just smack the shit outta him for being so reckless.

About 5 minutes later I pulled into Grannys drive way. I walked in the house and the smell of bacon hit my nose.

"Goodmoring granny." I spoke.

"Goodmoring baby go ahead and grab you a plate."

She cooked French toast, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, and cut up fruit. I don't know why I stopped coming for Sunday breakfast. Of course Cortezz already had a big ass plate.

"Boy did you say your blessings?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Ouuuuu granny he over here lying." I teased.

I cut  the small talk because I was starving. Once I was finished Granny came and sat at the table with tears in her eyes.

"I love you boys so much." She spoke.

"Granny if your telling us your dying I don't wanna hear it."

"Tezz shut the fuck up." Tezz doesn't take death well but what he said was out of pocket.

"Nigga do I look like I'm dying to you? And watch yo fucking mouth!" Granny said.

We stayed silent.

"Now Darrion your father died a few weeks ago."

I had no emotion. I really didn't care. How could you have feelings for a stranger?

"There was only two other people at the funeral other then me. I didn't bother to contact you because I knew you didn't care."

She was right.

"Darrion your father has another child. Her mother is a crackhead and if I didn't take her in she would of been in a foster home. My heart wouldn't allow that so I took her in." She took a pause.

"I'm getting old. let's be honest I don't have much longer on this earth. I am in no shape to take care of a child."

"Granny please don't say that." Tezz said as his voice cracked.

"Darrion I need you to take custody of your sister and Tezz I want you to help your brother."

"Granny what the hell am I going to do with a child." I was shook. I am not father material. I don't know the first step when it comes to taking care of a child. And this would interfere with my business.

"I know it's not convenient for you. But baby please I'm getting older, my back is always hurting, I can barely walk. I can't take care of a child but you can."

My granny always made sure me and Tezz had everything we wanted and needed. Even when she was at her lowest she always made sure we was at our highest.

I took a long deep breath. I thought about it and all I'm doing is helping my granny. Having a child won't be that bad with the help of Myah and Tezz.

"Okay granny." I finally spoke.

"I knew I raised you right." She smiled and wiped the tears off her face.

"Her name is Santana Takius White, she's 3 years old, birthday is July 1st 2016 and all the easy stuff like potty training has already been done."

"I'll go get the paper work so you can sign it and then she will be legally your."  She said as she walked to the back room.

Tezz was looking at me with a serious expression.

"I'm proud of you... I wouldn't of done it but I'm still proud." Man I can't stand this nigga Tezz.

Granny handed me the paper work and I signed it with hesitation.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"In the back taking a nap. Matter of fact she needs to get up and eat."

She walked backed and got Santana. She had short curly black hair, big brown eyes, Lighskin, and she looked shy as hell.

I watched as granny explained everything to Santana in a way that she could understand.

She seemed fine with the fact that she was going with a complete stranger. Almost like she was use to it.

She was very content. Didn't make a  mess with her food. I decide to make conversation.

"What's your name?" Even though I already knew the answer.

"Santana." She had a baby voice. Her voice was raspy considering she just woke up.

"That's a very pretty  name for a very pretty girl." She smiled.

I decide to joke around with her to make her feel more comfortable. Tezz joined along.

A couple hours had past. And Santana  was about to fall asleep watching Moana. I decided It was time to go.

I packed the little stuff she had. And was on my way out the door. I said my goodbyes to granny and Tezz. And headed home.

I gotta figure out a way to tell Myah I have a baby.