Tony-Sacrifice.

A meeting without tony was a meeting incomplete.

The rest of the avengers had no clue as to why tony was gone right now, they were having a meeting which you refused to go to.

You sat still on the stool that you placed facing the window of the living room.

Tony made you promise to keep it a secret.
You knew you couldn't let the rest of the avengers know where he was, or what he was even doing.

So of course, tony told the avengers a fake excuse to keep them sane.

'He's off on that damn cruise, he's apart of this team and we oughta show him how to act like it.'

You heard cap say, god it made you mad.

Did they not see tony sacrificing himself and going into the wormhole? Sacrificing himself in the multiple fights? None of that? Did no one see his pain and how his anxiety and ptsd was treating him?

Oh right, that's the one thing tony doesn't talk about.

He does brag, he's confident, whatever. But, you miss him.

'Stark better be back, he's been real tough on y/n, she probably found him cheating before he left.
Flashback:
You walked into the lab, late at night.

'Tony? What are you doing here, right now?'

'Oh sh- uh, nothing much, you know, camping out here.'

He grinned at you, but only his smile was a sign of being happy.

He put the ark reactor in his hand down and you grabbed what you needed from the lab. You left.

An hour later you heard a rattling sound, your room was really close to the lab, you got up and went to see what had been going on.

You saw tony, again, with his hands in his palms as he sat on the stool.

'Tony? you're still here? Okay, what the hell is going on?'

He gasped slightly but turned toward you, meeting you face to face with weary eyes and a sad smile.

'Look, I know I may not seem all that great, and I know I'm not. I'm gonna go somewhere, for a while, alright? It's- it's just that-'

His lip quivered for a moment and he struggled to stand. You held his face with your hands and made him look you in the eyes, he was wearing his suit, without the helmet.

'I'm going to make a sacrifice. It'll probably be my last. I want you to keep this a secret, say I went on a cruise or something. Don't let them know. We've been threatened, they want me. I hurt them, they came back for vengeance. I love you baby, I'm sorry.'

You knew he thought he would die out there. You still don't know who he was talking about. You knew it was bigger than the avengers, more powerful.

Later, you met on the balcony. You gave him a goodbye that night, a very sad one. He set off and left no trace.

6 months later.

'Y/n, get in here.'

You grunted and left your emotionless face on.

You got up and followed the voice of Natasha.
You entered the meeting room and you saw the faces of the five remaining avengers.

'What do you guys want?'

'We're heading out on a mission, hothead. We've picked up on this secret base that was just shown on our radar. It's weird, we never saw it before. Hydra has apparently been keeping some really sketchy people down there working on stuff to kill lots of people. They've used magic, too. Anyway, it was anonymously shown and we're gonna check it out.'
Natasha explained to you.
'Okay.'
You stomped out of the room.

'So that's a no to the mission?'
Clint asked as Thor sighed.

Once everyone left, you went to the balcony, only you and tony knew about it. The area where you had your first kiss, where you first said 'I love you', where he...left for good.

No. No, he's alive. Isn't he?

You felt a box fall next to you on the balcony ground, you sat on your knees and opened it.

Pictures of you, and tony!

Was he alive? Did he send these?

You looked around.

You looked only to see a mask, his mask, fall onto the balcony.

'W-what?'

You rummaged through the box once more, you found a note.

'Y/n, we've killed the notorious Tony Stark.'

Your heart dropped and your veins felt like they turned to steel.

You screamed. You yelled. You read on.

'We never wanted that man. We wanted you. He found us as he flew around in his idiotic tin suit and we had a little chat.
He probably told you it was hydra.
You thought that, didn't you?
But no. It was never his fault. It was yours. Now, he's gone. And, all the avengers just think bad of him. It's either they hate him, or you. Your call. We'll keep in touch.
-Z'

You held the mask close to your head.
Why did you have to be so fucking stupid?

Why was I the one to kill Tony Stark?

messy as fuck. sorry. maybe a part two.