Chapter 22: Clique bangs

The bell rang evoking a groan from me. I hated that damn bell. There were times I wished I could steal it and hide it away to buy me time every morning. My body had adapted to living in the boarding house now but it couldn't still adapt to waking up early. I made more friends and eventually became a clique of four who had each others back every time.

The other problem I had was dealing with my seniors. I tried as much as I could since snr Nifemi's fiasco to avoid getting into trouble with all other seniors but I still had the intention of payback fresh in my mind. Still looking for the right moment though. I never wished to touch another senior's disgusting body again. The thought alone made me shudder.

"Get up from your beds now! 1,2,3...". The voice of senior Nkechi fluttered my eyes open in a flash. I flew up instantly and tucked in my bed as quickly as I could before grabbing my toiletries and joining others in struggling to get out. The morning rush was always hectic and even the most groggy eyes became alert in a moment. After devotions as usual we went to have our bathes.

" Can't someone just have a day off" I grumbled dropping my toiletries in its place underneath my bunk.

"Schooling can be tiring" Fathia agreed with me towel drying her body. She pulled her uniform out from the bed handle and began to put it on. We always had to prepare the next day items down so we dot get late from the rush and miss our foods especially.

"I heard there is a possibility of the supervisor coming today, you had better spread your beds and arrange your lockers". Suliat always had first class information and we never disbelieved her. Her parents were rich and close to the school matron so she heard whatever was happening in the first class level.

" well that's easy, I'm not just happy that we have to wash today" Fathia commented grumpily.

"Its our turn already?" I repeated surprisingly "oh come on, I hate dishes".

Suliat giggled "you have no choice dear, just hope we won be picked."

I remembered then and smiled "we washed last time, I doubt if we would be picked again"

Suliat rolled her eyes taunting me "that's if you haven't looked for her trouble this time" i shoved her and Fathia laughed.

"You know I have stopped troublemaking"

Senior nkechi came in then clapping her hands to speed us up.

"Times up...to the dining now...the last four to leave the room get to wash today". Ehn! See speed. The three of us didn't wait to hear the rest as we carried our bags, shoes and socks in hand and ran out bare foot. The whole room was in raucous as everyone tried to get out. We didn't stop till we reached the dinning doorway. We sat on the terrace and burst out laughing.

"That was close" princess said joining us. She was the fourth and newest member of our clique. She was also our baby as she was the youngest. We still wondered why she was brought to the boarding school as she couldn't do most things herself. We had to teach her everything. She was also from a rich family and looked frail and pampered silly.

"You bet it was" I replied trying to catch my breathe. We all wore our socks and sandals at the terrace before going in. Three girls from our rooms passed by grumbling.

"Uh oh, I think they were picked" Fathia whispered and we all laughed glad to have escaped the punishment. Washing of the hostel plate was like death sentence to us. Especially when we were given eba, we had to scrape almost every plate. Not to mention the pots used in preparing it. It was indeed a narrow escape.

We entered into the hall hurriedly so we don't have to go to class on an empty stomach. We stopped in our tracks as soon as we got to the entrance.