Chapter 2 - Behind the mask

Draco's POV

Suddenly, his phone rang. While he was talking on the phone, I decided to order champagne.

"Ok, I am coming." David said, annoyed and hung up the phone.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"There is some problem in the shipyard. I have to go." He replied and tapped something on his phone.

"But the ball?" I asked.

"It is important. I will come back as soon as possible." He responded and left as he called someone.

A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door. I opened the door. The room service waiter walked in, pushing the tray.

I sent a message to my friend, Milan while the waiter tried to open a champagne bottle. Suddenly, he spilled the drink on my tuxedo.

"Shit!" I hissed and pulled away, but it was too late.

"Sir, I am sorry." He apologized in panic and grabbed the napkins.

"No, don't!" I exclaimed, annoyed.

I closed my eyes, trying to calm down. I opened my eyes and looked at my wet tuxedo.

"Ok, leave now. I need to change my clothes." I demanded. He nodded and left.

Fuck! What am I going to do now?

I didn't bring any other clothes to wear to the ball, and I just had my black shirt and denim jeans here. And wearing it to the ball was out of question. I bit my lower lip, looking at David's white tuxedo. I didn't like to wear white tuxedos; white represents purity and innocence, and it was the complete opposite of my character, but I didn't have a choice. I frowned and grabbed the tuxedo and mask which Mira had given David; it matched the tuxedo.

I went towards the bar counter to order a glass of whiskey for myself as Milan and his fiancee went to dance.

"Hey, will you buy me something to drink?" A girl asked.

I smirked and turned towards her. She looked so beautiful in her ruched-waist long white chiffon dress and white mask with golden details. I nodded, giving her a smile.

Mira's POV

I put on a ruched-waist long white chiffon dress. I checked myself in the mirror and put a white mask with golden details. Then I took a selfie and sent it to David.

David was my fiancé. We were planning our engagement party next month. It was an arranged marriage, but I really liked him. He was a caring, kind, understanding, thoughtful and compassionate man.

I smiled as I remembered when I thought he was a playboy, because I saw his photos kissing a girl in magazines. But later, he explained that it was his twin brother, Draco. As much as Draco and David's appearances were the same, their characters were totally different. Draco was a party animal and womanizer. There were his photos with different girls in magazines every day. I only met him twice. We weren't so close. He was distant towards me. I thought he didn't like me so much. But there was something different in his eyes compared to David's. He was so mysterious.

As my father's driver parked the car in front of the hotel, I got out of the car. I put on my mask and walked in. I went towards the nightclub in the hotel. There were a lot of people inside. I searched for David. I smiled as I saw him next to the bar counter. He wore the mask I had given him.

"Hey, will you buy me something to drink?" I asked, giving him a bright smile.

He smirked and turned towards me. I looked into his mesmerizing blue grey eyes. He nodded, giving me a dazzling smile and gestured to the bartender to take my order.