Chapter 13 - The sister-in-law

Draco's POV

Mira looked at me with wide eyes, her mouth agape. It seemed like she had understood.

"It represents my guiding star." I replied, looking into Mira's eyes.

She pursed her lips together, looking at me affectionately as her eyes welled up.

"Hmm." David raised his eyebrow. "It wasn't you who said you would never get a tattoo for a girl. So you wouldn't regret it after the break up." He asked.

"I will say it again. I never do a tattoo which I will regret. Because my feelings will not change even if I can not be with her." I stated, looking into Mira's eyes.

"Hmm. So you are really in love with Elva." David commented, giving me a smile. "Isn't he, dear?" David added, looking at Mira. She nodded, looking at me.

I took a sip from my whiskey without answering him. When I looked at Mira, she was trying to hold her tears back.

I was staring through the window while sipping my whiskey in the study room. I was bored with seeing David and Mira together.

Suddenly, the door opened. I turned around.

"Mira?" I mumbled, perplexed. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

Once she closed the door, Mira approached me. I sighed and placed the glass down on the desk.

She placed her hand on my cheek and stroked my cheek affectionately. I closed my eyes, enjoying her touch.

Fuck! How much I missed her.

"Mira." I pulled back, giving her a sad look.

"Draco, please." She gave me a begging look. Tears shimmered in her eyes. "I love you, Draco." She confessed, looking into my eyes.

If we were under different circumstances, I would hug her tightly and swirl her around, screaming that the woman who I loved was in love with me. But unfortunately, her confession arched my heart more.

"Couldn't you give us a chance? I know how you feel." She said and held my hand. "I feel guilty too. But it wasn't planned. Maybe it was fate that brought us together." She added as tears ran down her cheeks. "After the engagement party, I will tell David and my parents that I don't want to marry David. I wanted to do it before the engagement, but I can not do it to my parents, David and your parents. Everyone has already been invited. If I do it now, it will be a scandal." She informed.

"No. You can not do it to David. He loves you." I stated sadly.

"But I don't love him. I love you." She confessed, crying.

"No, Mira. No." I gave her a doleful look and wiped her tears off her cheek with my thumb. She placed her hand on top of mine on her cheek. "It is wrong. I am sorry, but there won't be anything between us. But I want you to do something for me; just make David happy. He deserves to be happy." I said, trying to hold my tears back and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, cupping her cheek.

"Draco..."

I rushed out of the study room without listening to her. I needed to get out of here. I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore.

I walked out of the mansion and got in my car. I started it and drove away.

Mira's POV

Today was my engagement day. Everyone beside me was happy, excluding me. I was sad and unhappy. I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror in the getting ready room.

"Why are you sad?" My mother asked, concerned.

"Nothing, Mom. Just nervous." I forced a smile. She nodded, giving me a bright smile.