Chapter 19 - The scandal

Mira's POV

"How did you know that I am pregnant?" I asked, perplexed.

"Oh my goodness! So it is true. You are pregnant." She commented. I ruffled my hair, perplexed. "You naughty guys!" She chuckled. "Your mother called me asking for you."

Fuck!

"Did you tell her that I wasn't with you?" I asked nervously.

"Yes. She caught me off guard. You had to inform me." She said.

I closed my eyes, cursing under my breath.

"Are you with David now?" She asked.

"David?" I asked, puzzled.

"Tell him to protect his little friend from your father. He is furious. I heard his voice clearly while talking to your mother on the phone. Apparently, he isn't so happy for being a grandfather.

What is going on? Why is my father angry at David?

"Why is he angry at David?" I asked, confused.

"Why do you think?! Could it be related to the fact that he knocked you up." She replied mockingly.

"David didn't knock up me. What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Aren't you pregnant? But you told me that you were." She asked, puzzled.

"Yes, I am pregnant. But with Draco's baby not David's." I confessed.

"What?!" She snapped in surprise. "How?...You and Draco's....Holy cow!" She exclaimed. "Oh...So it was Draco with you in the photo." She said.

"Photo?"

"Yes, there were your photos with him in magazines. They claim that David and you are expecting a baby."

"What?" I mumbled.

My head started spinning. I hung up my phone in trance.

"Mira? Are you okay?" Draco asked, worried and approached me, a towel wrapped around his hips.

I grabbed his arm as my head spun again.

"Mira?!" He exclaimed, frightened and scooped me up in his arms.

He carried me to the bed and placed me on the bed carefully. He poured a glass of water for me and helped me to drink it.

"Are you better?" He asked, concerned, rubbing my stomach.

"Draco, we are in deep shit." I confirmed.

He raised his eyebrow in a questioning look. I took a deep breath and told him about my conversation with Rose.

The color drained from his face as he listened to me attentively. Then he grabbed his phone and tapped something on his phone.

"Fuck!" He exclaimed angrily, looking at his phone. Then he handed me his phone and got up, running his hand through his hair.

I held it with my trembling hands and read the article. There were my photos with Draco in front of the hospital in the article.

First comes a baby, then comes marriage

One of the most eligible bachelors, David Matthews is going to be a father. He and his fiancee are expecting their first baby together. The couple was spotted sharing sweet PDA in front of the hospital.

We congratulate the couple.

"What are we going to do?" I asked as I got up and approached Draco.

"We are going to tell our families that you are pregnant with my baby, not David's." He replied and rested his hand on my stomach. He rubbed it gently, looking at my stomach. "He or she is our baby. My baby. And yours. You are mine. My woman." He stated confidently.

****

I was playing with my fingers nervously, lost in my thoughts while we were going to the mansion. I talked to my mother, and she told me that they wanted to talk to David and me as well as his parents. His parents couldn't reach David, because he was abroad. He had a meeting there. My parents were waiting for us in Draco's parents'.

I was afraid of our families' reaction. As much as it wasn't our fault, I felt ashamed. I got pregnant with my fiancé's brother. Oh, my ex-fiancé's brother. At least, David wasn't angry at us. Moreover, when the paparazzi found out that the father of my baby was Draco, not David, it would make a fuss.

"Relax, Mira." Draco interrupted my thoughts and held my hand. "It is bad for the baby. Don't worry. Everything will be fine." He gave me a reassuring smile and placed our entwined hands on his thigh.

"I hope so." I sighed, ruffling my hair.

I was biting my lower lip nervously as Draco knocked on the door. My heart was pounding like crazy.

"Hey, calm down." Draco wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him and placed a tender kiss on my forehead. "Don't worry. You are not in danger. It is my lovely friend and me who are in danger." He commented, amused and pointed to his member.

"Draco!" I grinned, tapping his chest playfully.

The housekeeper opened the door, interrupting us and greeted us with a polite smile. Draco grabbed my hand and led us into the living room.

"Oh, David. When did you come back?" Richard, Draco's father asked, surprised.

"Draco?" Jessica, his mother muttered, looking at our entwined hands in shock.

I tried to pull my hand, but Draco tightened his grip, giving me a reassuring smile.

Draco's father looked at his wife with wide eyes. Then he looked at Draco attentively, trying to figure out it was Draco or David.

"Yes, Mom. It is me Draco." Draco confirmed confidently.

My father's eyes widened in shock. Meanwhile, Richard gritted his teeth.

"What the hell is going on here?" My father stood up as he snapped, looking at me, frustrated.

"Dad..." I muttered anxiously.

"Sir..." Draco intervened. "I love Mira. We love each other." My father clenched his fist. "And Mira...She is pregnant with my baby."

They gasped in shock.

"Mira, is it true?" Jessica asked, stunned. I nodded, blushing. She shook her head in disapproval.

My father wasn't still looking at me, clenching his fist tightly.

"How could you do it?" Jessica asked in disappointment while looking at us. "What did David do to deserve this? Didn't you think what people would talk about you, your family and us?"

I looked down as my eyes welled up.

"Jessica, enough!" Draco's father finally broke his silence.

"But Richard..." His mother protested.

"She isn't worth it." My father said bitterly, intervening. "She is a disgrace to our family. Nothing more. And from now on, she is nothing to us. Just a stranger." He added, looking into my eyes.