Chapter 22 - The shy playboy

Mira's POV

"What did he say?" I asked as Draco hung up his phone.

"Dad...he is furious." Draco replied and sat down on the bed. He leaned his elbows on his thighs.

"How did the journalists find out about it?" I asked, puzzled.

Draco took a deep breath and responded. "Our new maid leaked the information to them."

"What?!" I closed my eyes, cursing under my breath.

"Yes. As soon as Dad found out about her, he fired her. More correctly, as David said he sent her to hell." He said sarcastically and shook his head, sighing.

I looked away, thinking. Probably, my father was frustrated now. This made our situation more difficult.

"Whatever." Draco mumbled and stood up. "I have to go to work." He informed me and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

After Draco had left, I decided to go shopping for food. I wanted to help Draco. I knew it wasn't easy for him. A few days ago, he had everything, but now he had to earn a living.

After finishing my grocery list, I approached the cashier. I grabbed my wallet and gave her my credit card.

"I am sorry, but your credit card is blocked." She informed.

"What?!" I closed my eyes, sighing.

Dad.

After paying with cash, I went back. I felt upset not because my father blocked my credit card, but they thought that if they didn't give us money, they would give us a lesson.

I was making dinner for Draco and me while thinking.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms wrapped around me from behind.

"My Mira." Draco said, smiling and placed a soft kiss on my neck, breathing in my scent.

"Hey." I smiled and stroked his hair.

"What are you cooking?" He asked, leaning his cheek against mine, holding me in his arms.

"Spaghetti." I replied.

"Isn't it difficult to cook?" He teased me, giving me a boyish grin.

"Draco!" I pouted.

He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"At least, I will not starve." He added, sighing.

"Draco!" I turned around and faced him. "Don't make me angry, or I will not let you eat the spaghetti. You will just stare at me, gulping while I will eat my delicious spaghetti." I threatened, giving him a devilish smirk.

"Cruel!" He scowled, pretending offended. Then the corner of his lips curled up in a mischievous smirk. "Then I will eat you as my dinner." He stated and started biting my neck slightly as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Draco!" I exclaimed, giggling.

He pulled back, smiling. I placed my hands on his chest while he was holding me in his arms.

"By the way, tomorrow, let's go shopping. The fridge is half empty." Draco suggested, tucking a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"Umm..." I bit my lower lip. "I went shopping today and bought some food." I informed.

"Why did you go alone?" Draco asked as he pulled back.

"I wanted to help you." I mumbled.

"Just a minute...." He frowned. "You paid with your credit card?! I told you that we don't need your father's money." He stated firmly.

"I didn't pay with my credit card. Dad blocked it." I informed and folded my arms over my chest.

His expression softened.

"The same tactics?!" He commented mockingly.

"Yes." I mumbled sadly. "What do they think? If they don't give us money, we will beg them or what?" I asked, ruffling my hair.

He smiled sadly and cupped my cheeks.

"It isn't important what they think. We don't need their money. I will work and take care of you and our baby." He said softly.

I smiled and hugged him. He hugged me back.

"I love you, Draco." I confessed while hugging him.

"I love you too." He said, stroking my hair.

****

It had been a week since that fuss. The paparazzi had been stalking us. Because of it, Draco and I couldn't leave the penthouse properly. Fortunately, they calmed down a little. At least they stopped standing in front of the penthouse building.

I called Rose yesterday and told her to bring some of my clothes. I wore Draco's shirts in the penthouse. I had just one dress with me which I had worn when we told our parents about my pregnancy. But it was difficult when I went out, because I always had to wear the same dress. On the other hand, I couldn't often leave the penthouse, because of the paparazzi in front of the building. So I couldn't manage to buy new clothes. The last time I had tried to leave, the paparazzi almost harassed me. Fortunately, Draco arrived in time and helped me. Besides, the dress was getting tight. My stomach started showing slightly. So I felt uncomfortable in it. I asked Rose to choose light and comfortable ones not snug or figure-hugging outfits. I needed to go to the mall for shopping, but with the paparazzi on my tail, it was impossible. When I went to public places, a few minutes later they appeared in front of me.

I stretched out, yawning and opened my eyes. Draco was still sleeping, his arm wrapped around me. I stroked his cheek affectionately, smiling. I planted a soft kiss on his lips and pulled his arm away carefully, trying not to wake him up.

He worked so much last week. He was so tired. So I didn't want to wake him up early on the weekend, letting him rest.

I got up and grabbed the shirt. I put on it and tiptoed to the kitchen. I poured a glass of water for myself.

Suddenly, a wave of nausea hit me. I covered my mouth with my hand and rushed towards the bathroom.

After vomiting, I washed my face. I placed my hand on my stomach and walked out. My stomach was still sick.

Suddenly, I heard elevator doors opened. It must be Rose. She told me she was coming this morning. I walked towards the hallway.

"Mom?" I asked, surprised as I saw my mother, holding a travel bag in her hand.

"Hi. I brought your clothes." She informed and placed the travel bag down on the floor. "And I wanted to see you. I was worried about you." She added.

"Thank you." I said, smiling as I approached her and hugged her. She hugged me back.

"Are you okay, honey? You are pale." She asked, concerned, cupping my cheek.

"Yes. Just nausea." I replied, resting my hand on my stomach and gave her a slight smile.

"Mira?" Draco called, walking towards me while rubbing his eyes sleepily, his hair messy. There was just his boxers on him.

"Oh, shit!" He exclaimed under his breath, embarrassed as he noticed my mother.

His cheeks turned pink. I pursed my lips together, trying to hold myself from laughing.

Who could think that the famous playboy got embarrassed in front of a woman?